CHAPTER - 17 Life Back to Normal

It was 10 a.m. on a hot summer day. Under the sun's harsh heat, Zhan Yu was already sweating even though he only stood by the car for a few minutes. Although he should've sensed the burning heat from the sun, for some reason, he felt the air around him turn cold and his hands felt frozen.

Zhan Yu's sharp eyes followed Lu Bai closely. He was afraid that Lu Bai was going to lose his mind and do something harmful to him. He clearly saw him gnash his teeth when he had said,

"No need to ask."

Aside from that, he also sensed his anger. Zhan Yu was unaware as to why he was angry. As he tried to figure out why he was so mad, he finally came to the conclusion that it must be due to his accidental mention of the female lead's existence.

In the novel, Lu Bai had concealed the existence of the female lead from the Chen Family's elders for so many years just to protect her [Chu Hua]. As Zhan Yu continued to ponder about this, he became more certain that he had crossed his bottom line. He stared at him without moving his eyes. Zhan Yu saw him walk next to Weng Yinlin with a gloomy face. He asked his mother if she was leaving and even offered to drive her.

Weng Yinlin was also good at observing others. Although the two of them had only exchanged a sentence with each other, after she examined their expressions, she can already guess that they were bickering. At least, she hadn't seen her son this angry for many years. Weng Yinlin thought for a while before she nodded her head told them that she was leaving now. Then, she turned to Zhan Yu and said,

"Take care of yourself, I will come again once I get a chance."

Zhan Yu nodded his head, but he was already overwhelmed on the inside.

He thought: Auntie, can you stop tormenting me and just let me survive on my own? I just want to live peacefully!

Weng Yinlin had no idea what he was thinking; she only saw sadness reflected in Zhan Yu's bright eyes. The young boy looked more and more pitiful the more she stared at him. As Weng Yinlin prepared to leave, she gave Lu Bai a deadly look.

'It's all your fault!'

Zhan Yu wanted Lu Bai to go as quickly as possible. When he saw that Weng Yinlin was ready to leave, he was about to tell Zhan Qiancheng to quickly leave as well. However, before he had the chance to even talk, he heard a threat from behind, "Zhan Yu, you better not see me again, or else I would never-"

Lu Bai stopped his sentence midway for a long time and he still didn't finish the sentence.

Zhan Yu turned around to look at him fearfully and saw Lu Bai staring at him with his sharp eyes. That sharp expression, it looked as if he wanted to kill him as soon as possible!

"Ugh......" Zhan Yu clearly felt his heartbeat accelerated. That was scary! After being scared by him, fear was reflected on his small face. His originally thin face caused by the sickness was now pale white after his threat.

Lu Bai looked at Zhan Yu's pale face and grind his teeth secretly; he left without looking back.

Humph! Out of sight, out of mind!

Zhan Yu was utterly confused. What did he mean by only saying half of a threat?

After seeing the two people finally wrap up their business, Zhan Qiancheng walked over to Zhan Yu's side. That was when he noticed that his complexion was worse than before. His expression turned ghastly and he scolded, "He has already left, are you still going to stay day-dreaming?"

Zhan Yu's flickering look was not out of nostalgia, but out of confusion! If he appeared in front of him again, what would he do to him?

Zhan Yu thought over the ending of the book and his dreams. He realized that no matter which ending, neither of them was a desirable ending for him. He sighed and turned to follow Zhan Qiancheng back to the car, then asked hesitantly,