Chapter - 48 Real World

"Mom?" Zhan Yu suddenly remembered.

It's his mother! It's really his...!

But why was he here?

Zhan Yu opened his eyes, only to be greeted by the feeling of him sinking into darkness.

This place was completely devoid of light. He wanted to get out of the darkness, but for some reason, he couldn't walk forward no matter what.

It was dark everywhere, where should he go?

"The patient's situation is really very rare." The unfamiliar voice of another man could be heard. Following that, a beam of light suddenly flashed into the darkness.

Zhan Yu raised his hand up abruptly to block the dazzling ray of light but found his body falling backwards.

When he regained his awareness, he happened to find that the source of the beam of light from earlier was the doctor dressed in his white coat. He was looking down and checking his eyes.

"Seems like he's woken up. This is truly a miracle. It's surprising that he can wake up even after being in a coma for a month. It's a cause for celebration."

The doctor breathed a sigh of relief. After hearing that, Zhan Yu heard a familiar voice by his ear speaking with excitement.

"Thank you doctor! Thank you! Really, thank you so much!"

"Mom..." Only when Zhan Yu tried to speak did he realize that his voice was incredibly hoarse, and also very weak.

Mother Zhan wiped her tears with excitement. "It's good that you've woken up! That's good! Thank goodness, you're awake!"

"Mom..."

"Ah Yu, don't talk, you just woke up. Mom will go and buy you some porridge, so you should go take a good rest." Then, without waiting for a response from Zhan Yu, she left in glee.

Zhan Yu's expression was solemn. He turned his head to look around him and it wasn't hard to see the long history of this small ward. The paint had rubbed off on the corners of the table next to the bed and the windows were also slightly worn.

Zhan Yu raised his hand and touched his stomach. It was completely flat without any of the so-called post-labor pains.

Zhan Yu couldn't help but reach out and cover his own eyes.

So, does that mean that he returned?

Where's his baby?

Where's Lu Bai ?

Where's everyone?

Zhan Yu could no longer tell the difference.

Were those fantastical memories of the past just vivid dreams?

Or did they really exist?

Would he be able to go back by closing his eyes, so that he could go back to when he gave birth to his baby?

His baby...That inexplicable sense of pain...

Zhan Yu had just shut his eyes and opened them again quickly after.

No! Those aren't dreams!

He and Lu Bai had a wedding together, and they had a child!

Those really happened!

Zhan Yu quickly climbed out of bed and had just taken a single step, he didn't expect his legs to be completely powerless, and he immediately fell beside the bed.

Zhan Yu was splayed on the ground and tears suddenly dropped from his eyes!

"Why! Why?!"

He can't go back anymore!