Chapter - 52 I'm Yours

Seeing this, Weng Yinlin, standing at the side, patted Lu Bai on the shoulder. 

"Zhan Yu has actually been by our side the whole time. Even if Zhan Yu never woke up, you still have to take care of yourself or he'll be sad."

"I know, Mom." Then, Lu Bai continued, "The child's name will be Lu Chenan...Mom. I'll call Dad and Grandpa to talk to them about this."

"Alright."

So, three weeks after the birth of the Lu family's youngest member, the child finally received his name—Lu Chenan, nickname Anan.

Anan had been clinging to Lu Bai since he was very young. No matter whether he was drinking his milk or sleeping, he would cry as long as Lu Bai wasn't the one helping him with his needs. But if Lu Bai were to walk over while he was crying and reach out to hold him, he wouldn't even need to say anything. Just one look and the baby will stop immediately. He would even wave his small little hands, smiling happily.

The elders said that this child was very smart. He was able to recognize faces already at such a young age.

Lu Bai thought so as well. How could their child not be smart?

On the day the child reached one month old, Shi Shi died in prison.

The cause of death was suicide.

When Lu Bai's friend told him the news, he was silent.

"How could she choose to end her life at this time? I seriously don't get it."

But Lu Bai didn't tell him that she must have wanted to leave this "false world" since her wish had come true anyway. 

Zhan Yu won't ever wake up again.

But Shi Shi was dead.

And the world continued running as usual.

Their days still had to go on.

Lu Bai seemed to have gotten used to his life of watching over Zhan Yu while raising their child. He accepted the fact that he had no idea when Zhan Yu was going to wake up and began slowly reverting back to his old self.

During the day, Lu Bai donned a suit and went to work. At night, he would accompany Zhan Yu and the child.

Lu Chenan really was a smart child. He learned much faster than any other kid. But of course, he was also very naughty. Ever since learning to turn over, it would spend the whole night awake, tossing and turning in his own crib, having the time of his life.

During the three months that Zhan Yu was asleep, he never went a day without visitors.

Mao Shiyuan watched with his own eyes how Lu Bai thinned with each day. He hoped every single time that he came to the hospital that the lifeless Zhan Yu could sit up to scold him. At the very least, it was better than nothing. But there was much he wanted to say to Lu Bai. But when he saw him, he didn't know where to start.

Should he persuade him to stop waiting for Zhan Yu? That's too cruel.

Should he tell him to leave his days well? Too weak.

Mao Shiyuan believed that the only thing he could contribute was to support him silently at the side.

Zhuang Zhe visited the hospital often as well. Only, he had also been getting a little anxious lately.

One time after he finished playing with Lu Chenan, he said to Lu Bai with a smile, "Your son is a delight, makes me want a baby of my own! Only, I wonder where the mother of the child is? We're truly brothers in pain aren't we, Lu Bai?"