Chapter - 51 Together with their son, they'll wait for him to return.

Lu Junxing turned his gaze outside the window and continued, "Zhan Yu, are you sure you're living in reality?"

"What...do you mean?"

"That book. I have it."

"What?!" Zhan Yu immediately jumped in his seat and looked at Lu Junxing in disbelief.

"I thought about it, and I guess Aunt Huang must have put the book in my room while cleaning up since she figured my granny was too old for reading, and that it must have been mine. I didn't pay any attention to it when I came back since I was in a hurry to pack my luggage. So, I brought it back to J City along with the rest of my books."

Zhan Yu's hand that was clenched on his seatbelt was trembling. "Why...Why are you telling me this today?"

"I didn't realize until I came back after everything with your mother was settled."

"Lu Junxing! I want to see that book!"

Lu Junxing looked at Zhan Yu with a heavy look. After taking Zhan Yu inside, he brought Zhan Yu to the study and pointed to the book Zhan Yu had dreamt so long to find, saying calmly, "It's on the table. Help yourself. I'll go down to get a glass of water."

"Thanks." Zhan Yu's complexion changed slightly, his eyes locked onto the table. With every step he took towards the table, he felt his heartbeat growing quicker.

After Lu Junxing went out of the study and was about to shut the door behind him, he looked still at that tall and slender body for a moment before finally shutting the door.

Lu Junxing made a bet. If fate willed them to meet, and Zhan Yu agreed to come back with him, he would tell Zhan Yu the truth. So, when he bumped into Zhan Yu at the restaurant, his first reaction was surprise.

And after that, there was endless worry.

He asked Zhan Yu to drive him home.

Zhan Yu agreed.

So, Lu Junxing lost. He was reluctant to say anything on the way back, even if the chance for them to spend time together was hard to come by.

But as soon as he thought about the distance that would inevitably be wedged between them after Zhan Yu finished that book, he couldn't let go.

But then, he told himself again that he never had Zhan Yu to begin with.

All their closeness, their ability to talk about anything with each other, they were all just illusions in the end.

How could Zhan Yu's feelings for Lu Bai compare to his own?

Lu Junxing who was thinking all this to himself and suddenly paused on the steps. He said to himself, "You deserve this, Lu Junxing!"

Naturally, Zhan Yu was unaware of the complex activity going on inside his mind.

Zhan Yu sat down and flipped open the book, page after page as the familiar memories immediately began flooding back.

At around 200,000 words, the book wasn't too long, but Zhan Yu read it very seriously for three hours. The strange thing is.

Lu Junxing never came up to disturb Zhan Yu after heading downstairs.

Zhan Yu held his breath every time he flipped the pages.

The first part of the developments in the book was the same. They mainly wrote about Chu Hua and Lu Bai's meeting, and their heartfelt affections.

But after Zhan Yu was accidentally pushed down the stairs by Shi Shi and hit his head, the plot began to change.

The core of the male supporting character, Zhan Yu, changed.