CHAPTER - 18 Meeting an Unwanted Person

Zhan Yu was at the library when he received the text. Unaware Zhong Qing was talking about the Lu Bai's graduation; he replied: "Not to go where?"

"I was trying to take pictures with Lu Bai! Oh my god, we stood under the sun for an eternity before we found out that he wasn't even coming!"

Zhan Yu couldn't help but laugh, replying "Yeah."

In the book, Lu Bai also didn't attend the graduation ceremony. The villain also had the same expectations as Zhong Qing and went to wait for him, only to never see him. Then he went to his apartment, but Lu Bai also wasn't there. Feeling it was unusual of him not to appear, the villain went straight to his company to visit him. However, the personnel at the front desk refused to let him in, saying he can't meet with the CEO without an appointment. The villain started to cry and make a scene, forcing Lu Bai's assistant to come down and instruct security to take him home.

Zhan Yu thought it was fine being alone in A City since he wasn't constantly forced to find excuses to avoid those kinds of situations. He was still trying to calm a forever complaining Zhong Qing while picking out his books.

Zhong Qing typed for a while and sent a voice message. Zhan Yu, having left his wallet at his seat, went back for his earbuds. He bumped into someone as he walked out of the aisle.

Zhan Yu didn't have time to look, but from the person's height, posture, and body language, he could tell it was a boy. He quickly apologized and bent down to help pick up his books. As he picked up the first book, he heard, "No need to apologize," in a deep voice.

That voice...

Without a second thought, Zhan Yu looked up and blurted "Xia Qiao?"

Zhan Yu was lucky enough to be a guest at one of his events. The academy invited two famous online writers to A College to talk to students about their dreams and experiences; the event's sole host was Xia Qiao.

Zhan Yu witnessed his wit and unrivaled eloquence that day. His skill received much praise and admiration. At the end of the event, Zhan Yu was complimenting the host with his classmate Gu Tong.

"What did you expect? It's Xia Qiao," Gu Tong told him while smiling.

Zhan Yu was confused. "Who is he?"

"The number one academy host!" Gu Tong said in high spirits. "Have you heard of Senior Li?"

Zhan Yu shook his head.

"He's the senior who was hired by the City TV show," Gu Tong explained.

Zhan Yu vaguely remembered one of the professors mentioning the girl when he just joined A College. He heard that Senior Li was not only versatile but highly skilled in all facts. The academy recommended Senior Li as an intern at the show right after Senior Li graduated and, after the probationary period, Senior Li was officially hired and was present on many TV shows even today.

"Senior Li is already superb, right? But when Senior Li came back to the academy last year and saw Xia Qiao's talent and even praised him! and said that it'd be a piece of cake for him to get in with his talent. As long as he was willing, his success in the industry was inevitable," Gu Tong continued.

And now, Zhan Yu unexpectedly met the person himself. Zhan Yu blinked a few times, to be certain that person identified him correctly.

Everything about him was nice. His voice was already pleasant, but it sounded even more attractive when lowered.

'If Gu Tong heard what Xia Qiao said earlier, she'd be so excited that she'd never be able to fall asleep,' Zhan Yu thought. After that event, he also confirmed that Gu Tong was a total Xia Qiao fan.