Chapter - 43 Fortune and Destiny

Zhan Yu stopped to browse every so often as they walked, they finally halted when they saw a shop that looked quite historical and antique. He couldn't stop himself from looking around. Out of all these buildings in this area, this was the most distinctive of them all.

Zhan Yu looked at the name and subconsciously read it out, "See Into Fate and Destiny." After reading it out, he was just about to mention how mysterious the name was when he suddenly remembered what the man at the beach said to him. With a grin, he looked at Lu Bai and opened his mouth, "I didn't think such a place was here."

When Lu Bai saw the name, he didn't feel too good about it. Just as he was about to tell Zhan Yu that these were all scams, he saw a humpbacked old man walk out from inside.

That muscles on the old man's face were sagging, but those eyes of his, which held a glint of amber, was still particularly sharp.

Zhan Yu looked at him, and before he could say anything, he heard the man ask them, "Sir, Mr, why don't you come inside for some fortune-telling?"

"Why don't the two of you come inside for some fortune-telling?" As the elderly man stared at the both of them, his amber-colored eyes attracted many people's attention.

Zhan Yu slightly widened his eyes at old man's words, he didn't understand what was happening. 'Didn't people say that this remarkable and powerful elderly man rarely tells fortune for people?'

Zhan Yu had never held superstitious beliefs towards these unreliable matters, but he was still very curious. Therefore, when his gaze landed on Lu Bai, he wanted to inquire with him. However, his gaze was darkening. It was rare for him to reply in a polite and respectful tone. "Many thanks, but we don't need it."

Lh Bai took a step forward and held Zhan Yu's hand, he was about to leave. That was when he heard the elderly man say in a firm voice, "Soulless body."

"Hm?" These random words made Zhan Yu pause his footsteps, he pulled Lu Bai to a stop, and turned around to look at the elderly man

The elderly man's amber eyes were bright and shocking. Zhan Yu even noticed that he didn't need to observe closely in order to see the wrinkles within the beautiful pupils of his eyes.

"Uh..." Before Zhan Yu could finish his words, He watched on as the elderly man glanced at Lu Bai, directing his words at him, "As time flies, one will know where they belong to in the future. You guys are not fated and you guys will hurt each other and yourselves."

Lu Bai, who heard this, suddenly looked gloomy.

Zhan Yu remained stunned in his original spot, he couldn't say anything even after a while.

After the elderly man stared at their tightly linked hands, he shook his head and softly chuckled. When he was done, he turned around and staggered off.

As Zhan Yu stared at his fading figure, his heart suddenly felt heavy. He looked towards Lu Bai and pretended to act casual. "Do you think he's saying the truth?"

It was evident that Lu Bai didn't want to stay here anymore. He held her hands and kept on walking forward, he replied to Zhan Yu in a cold voice, "I don't believe in non-existent matters like this."

Zhan Yu chuckled and responded, "Yeah, I don't believe in it either."

The two of them returned back in their hotel, as they weren't in the mood to stroll around anymore, they simply planned to go back the next day.

What the two didn't know was that when the elderly man returned to his room, a young and tall man sat by the censer. And yet, the elderly man didn't even glance at the latter and just merely said, "You can go back now."