Chapter - 37 I must marry my...

Lu Bai had to prepare for their wedding now. After sending Zhan Yu back to A City, he stayed there shortly before hurrying back to Shengjin City.

Zhan Yu went to work per usual. However, he could feel his colleague's bright gazes on him. There were numerous people teasing him as well. Many media companies knew that the two were about to get married. They made appointments with Zhan Yu, planning on interviewing him. Zhan Yu naturally rejected the offer.

Zhan Yu called Lu Bai and purposefully laughed. "President Lu Bai, thank you so much. You really bumped my popularity up another level." Due to this, he became busier with his work. There were countless people inviting him to host charities and galas.

Lu Bai spun the pen in his hand and smiled. "Yes, you're welcome, Lady Lu."

Zhan Yu was speechless. Of course he couldn't compliment Lu Bai!

The blissful days were short. An accident occurred one day.

This day, Zhan Yu was outside hosting a charity event in order to help impoverished children. When the event was over, he noticed that Zhan Qiancheng and Lu Bai had both given him a few calls.

Zhan Yu knew that Zhan Qiancheng wouldn't have called him so many times if it wasn't so important. Therefore, he called them back first.

Zhan Qiancheng's voice was deep and gloomy. He said, "Don't be overly anxious."

"What?" When Zhan Yu heard his tone, he knew something had happened. "Brother, what's going on?"

Zhan Qiancheng looked at Lu Bai who was staring expressionlessly back at him. He then chatted a bit with his assistant before replying, "Mother and father got into an accident. They're in the emergency room right now."

Zhan Yu was stunned and forgot how to react momentarily.

Zhan Qiancheng wanted to continue when Lu Bai snatched his phone. "I'll talk to him."

Lu Bai comforted Zhan Yu, "Don't be nervous. We're already in the hospital and we have the best medical team in the emergency room. Mother and Father will be fine."

Zhan Yu felt a sudden coldness on his cheeks. Zhan Yu touched his face to realize that he had cried. He hurriedly wiped his tears and trembled while saying, "I will come over right away."

"Don't be anxious. I already had Assistant Wang book the flight ticket for you. Do you need me to send him over to A City to pick you up?"

"No, I can do it myself."

Lu Bai could tell Zhan Yu was pretending to be calm and strong. He said, "When you're at the airport, call me. I'll come and pick you up."

"No need. I can go over by myself." Zhan Yu bit his lip and couldn't control his urge to ask, "Lu Bai, my parents will be fine, right?"

"Don't worry. Nothing will happen."

Zhan Yu hurried to Shengjin City in a daze. The moment he got off the plane, he received Assistant Wang's call.

Lu Bai had been waiting for Zhan Yu. He quickly drove Zhan Yu over to the hospital. The closer Zhan Yu was to his destination, the more restless and frightened he was.

Unexpectedly, Lu Bai was waiting for Zhan Yu at the hospital door. Zhan Yu got out of the car to see Lu Bai walking to Zhan Yu. He reached over and carried Zhan Yu's bag for him, and then he held his hands. He rubbed his thumb over the palm of Zhan Yu's hand, comforting, "Our parents will be fine."

Zhan Yu's eyes turned red and teary. He wanted to jump in Lu Bai's arms immediately but because countless people were here, he held his urge in the end. He choked with emotions and asked, "Was the surgery successful?"