What Happens Now

I woke up to the sound of an alarm going off. I knew it only meant one thing: time for hell.... I mean school. I threw my comforter off of me and went to stand up when I jumped back onto my bed from the ice-cold floor that pressed into my feet. I reached over to grab my slippers as I was slipping them on. I hear my mom screaming for me "Y/N come on you're going to be late for school and you need to eat before you leave". "Okay mom". I yelled down. I went to my closet and looked around deciding what to wear. I decided to put on my black ripped jeans, white top, and my denim jacket, and my white flats.

After I was dressed, I went to the bathroom to do my hair and makeup and brush my teeth.

I was ready for the day. The last thing I did was spray my perfume and it smelt like sugar cookies, definitely my favorite. I ran down the stairs and was greeted by my mom with a big breakfast. "Mom you know I would have been fine with coffee and a granola bar, right"? "Y/N you know that I love to cook besides you need to eat, now sit down". I pulled out the stool at the bar and sat to eat. There was homemade banana bread, eggs, bacon, and a glass of OJ. I ate up all my breakfast when I went to put my plate in the sink my phone dinged. I received a message from Danny.

Danny: Hey Y/N I just left my house and I'm walking to our first period. Want to walk with me??

You: Hey Danny yes that would be great see you soon!

Danny and you have been best friends for years. You are currently in your second year of college, and you have been best friends since junior year of high school. Being Danny's bestie has been the best, but you do have feelings for him. You never have wanted to say anything because you love your friendship and you never wanted to ruin anything so here you are still hiding your feelings for someone that you care about deeply. While lost in your thoughts you hear your mom "Y/N honey, Danny is here". I looked at my mom and she handed me a slice of banana bread wrapped in foil. "Thanks mom, I'll tell Danny you say hi". I grabbed my bag, and I opened the door and I saw Danny waiting for me on the sidewalk. "Y/N hey wow you look great". Danny said as he wrapped his arms around me with a tight hug. I could smell his cologne. He always smelt so good, and the scent was cinnamon and vanilla. "Hey Danny, so good to see you, this is for you". I handed him the bread. "Banana bread yes tell your mom I said thank you". I smiled at him and nodded. I looked at Danny and admired the outfit he was wearing. He always looks so good no matter what he's wearing. He was wearing a white T-shirt and jeans along with his silver chain.

Danny nudged you and said "Y/N you ready to go we better get going or we will be late". "Yeah, you're right Danny we should go". The walk was short and before you knew it you were at the school. Danny gave you a hug and said ''I'll see you at lunch right"? "Of course, see you soon". Danny walked away and you went toward your class.

Time Skip

It was time for lunch, and you went to the food court to meet Danny but what you saw you weren't prepared for. Your eyes start to fill with tears as you see Danny kissing another girl. You ran away and found the nearest bathroom and locked yourself in the stall. You felt like someone just kicked you in the stomach and it was hard to breathe. Tears are falling down your cheeks and you just feel sick. Ding ding ding your phone is buzzing you pull it out and it was Danny.

Danny: Hey where are you? I've been waiting I'm at our usual spot.

Danny: Hello????

You sit there staring at your phone screen not knowing what to say. You feel stupid for even being upset as you are because you and Danny are not together. Danny is free to be with who he wants you to. You pull yourself together and decide to message him back.

You: Hey Danny sorry I forgot to text you I decided to go to the library to study. Catch you later.

Danny: Okay girl you had me worried, study hard but not too hard okay :)

You decide to step out of the stall, and you see your makeup all over your face. You decide to touch up your makeup and clean your face. After you are done you say to yourself while staring into your reflection "How am I going to face Danny". You grabbed your bag and left the bathroom.