New emotions

I don't stop running until I am at The Busy Bean. Walking in the aroma of coffee beans filled the air. After a long day I knew caffeine was a must. The Busy Bean was the go-to chill and study spot in town. The walls are lined with bookshelves that are fully stocked with books of every genre. I looked to see if my table in the back was open, and it was. I smiled to myself walking over and placing my bag down. Ding ding ding I pulled out my phone and I see Danny is calling. I hit the decline button and let out an annoyed sigh all while shoving my phone back into my pocket. Grabbing my wallet, I make my way up to the counter. Staring at the menu up on the wall in front of me, waiting on the person in front of me to order. With it now being my turn to order, I know I am not getting my usual. "Hey thanks for coming in, what can I getcha?" The barista behind the counter said. "Can I just get a mocha with an extra shot of espresso". I say looking down at the counter. "What size and are you having whip on that?" Looking up I say "Um.... a medium and yes please". I say looking up at him realizing he's a new barista. My eyes were locked with his and I realized I was staring a little too long, so I looked away. Clearing my throat, I hear him say. "That'll be $5.23." Reaching into my wallet I pulled out my card and paid. Giving him a smile while he handed my card back "Thank you." I say. He smiled back "I'll have that out for you shortly". Walking back to my table I get out my laptop and notebook and start studying all while waiting for my name to be called: realizing I didn't give my name I start to stand up as he's moving towards me with what I believe was my drink. "I realized I didn't get your name." He let out a slight chuckle as did I. "Here's your drink, enjoy". He set my drink down on the table and as he turned to walk away, I said "Y/N my name is Y/N by the way." He gives me a small smirk and heads back to the counter. 

Taking my seat and having my drink in my hands the warmth of the cup was so comforting and I felt at ease. Taking a sip, I was relaxed and ready to study and forget about this awful day. I opened my notebook and started to get to work but still couldn't get the image of Danny kissing that girl out of my head. Realizing I wasn't going to be able to focus let alone get any work done I shove my laptop and notebook back in my bag. Focusing on the coffee in my hand I started to take deep breaths to calm my mind and I heard the scraping of the chair in front of me being pulled out and I am face to face with the new barista. "I thought it was only fair since you gave me your name, I should give you mine in return". Relieved it wasn't who I thought it was going to be I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding. He doesn't realize the breath I let out and continues "My name is Arny, and I don't mean to pry but I can see your upset would you like to talk about it". I let out a small chuckle "that obvious huh". He gives a light shrug and rests his forearms on the table. "So, what's got you so tense, your best friend, a guy maybe?" Hearing that I got a lump in my throat, and I slumped down into my chair. "Um, actually a little bit of both." I say letting out a small sigh. He leaned forward more on the table as he was about to say something. My phone rings. Ding ding ding pulling my phone out seeing it's Danny calling again I set my phone down face up on the table. Arny glances down at the phone and says, "Oh so the best friend... is the guy?" Sitting there letting my phone ring I look back at Arny and say, "Yeah but it's complicated." Arny looks at me with his questionable eyes "so he confessed to you, and you turned him down?" I look at him now with unshed tears in my eyes. I say, "no I saw something today that I shouldn't have and now I have no idea how to feel." As a few tears start to fall from my eyes. Arny looks at me with a puzzled expression and says "Y/N you obviously are upset. Can I do anything to help?" I look at him now with a slight smile and say, "That's sweet Arny but there's not much that you can do." I say with a sniffle and all while wiping my tears away. I gave Arny a sweet smile and got up and said, "Arny, I appreciate you talking to me, but I think I should get going." Arny stands and says, "well I don't know about you, but hugs always make me feel better." He says with open arms. I giggle looking at him and he chuckles as well.

 I walk towards him, and he embraces me with his arms over mine as my arms are around his waist. As I was being held by Arny I couldn't think about anything else. Resting my head on his chest I could feel how muscular he was. I could see he was covered in tattoos because I can see them peeking through his shirt. I felt safe and warm in his embrace. We break away when we hear the bell of the front door ring. We looked at each other and our eyes were locked, we were only focused on each other and neither broke eye contact. It felt like a magnet was drawing us closer together because before I knew it our noses were almost touching. As we were getting closer, I heard "Y/N!" I would know that voice anywhere.