The Accident

NO NO NO WHY IS THIS HAPPENING! That's all I kept saying I fall to the ground and I feel the dirt press into my knees. Tears were falling down my cheeks and I felt as if I couldn't breathe. Arny had his arms around me and even though he was right next to me his voice sounded like he was miles away.

(Answering the phone)

Y/N: Hey mom what's up?

Officer: Hello is this Y/N?

Y/N: Yes... who is this? And why do you have my mother's phone?

Officer: Y/N I am so sorry to tell you this... I am officer Jones and I sadly must inform you that your mother has been in an accident. She was unresponsive at the scene. She has been taken to Great River Medical Center. Last I heard she was in a coma. Y/N?...... Y/N?

(Phone falls to the ground)

Arny has me in his arms and my phone is down on the ground. Arny turns me around with me facing him and I feel his hands cup my face and I hear him say, "Love breathe, please... What's going on talk to me my love." I slow my breathing but my tears are still falling and my voice is shaky I form the words "A-Arny my mom is in the hospital... t-here was an accident a-a-and she's in a coma. Arny immediately pulls me into him and I wrap my arms around him and I just cry. Over time I start to feel dizzy and Arny could tell I could feel myself sinking into Arny. "Y/N look at me focus.... Look at me." I finally focused my eyes and took some deep breaths. "Babe can you pls drive me to the hospital I have to see my mom." Arny pulls me in for a hug and kisses my forehead. "Love of course let's go." Arny and I grabbed all our belongings and jumped into Arny's car and we were on our way to Great River Medical Center. The whole way there all I could think about was my mom and I was praying that she would be okay.

(Arriving at Great River Medical Center)

Arny and I pull into the parking lot and I wasted no time. I jumped out of the car and I ran so fast into the hospital. I run in and I circle around trying to find the desk and I kept running until I find it. "I'm looking for my mom! What room is she in!? The lady looked up at me and she reached for my hand and spoke in a soft tone. "Dear breathe take a deep breath what is your mother's name?" I took a moment and finally catch my breath and speak calmly cool and collected. "Her name is Janet Draper." I see her facial expression change and she comes around from behind the desk and hugs me. "Honey I have to tell you something I need to stay calm okay." "What? Tell me is she okay?" I feel an arm come around me and it was Arny. "Honey your mother is in a coma she was brought in unresponsive but breathing her condition is stable... for now." I feel myself let out a heavy sigh and embrace Arny. "You can go back and see her she is in room 3." The lady said, "thank you!" Arny looks at me and gives me a kiss, "go be with your mom love I'll be right here in the waiting room." I gave Arny another big embrace and walk down the hall until I found room 3. The room was located on the right. I walked in and I hear monitors beeping and I see my mom laying there in the hospital bed hooked up to so many machines. As I got closer I could see her she has bruises and cuts on her face and body and her head was wrapped. "Mom... It's me I'm here mom." I embraced her hand and I feel my tears just fall and drip down to my arm. "You're gonna be okay, you're gonna be okay." My voice was cracking from my crying. "I love you mom I love you so much, please come back to me please wake up." 

I hear footsteps and I turn to see who was at the door and it was the Dr. "You must be Y/N I'm Dr. Watson I have been taking care of your mother. "Is she gonna be okay pls tell me she's going to be okay!" "Y/N your mom has suffered some serious injuries and there is some concern." I could feel my tears once again forming in my eyes. "What injuries Dr?" "Your mother has what we call a cerebral hemorrhage and this is known as bleeding on the brain and she also has many bone fractures" "What?! She's going to be okay though right?! You can treat this?!" Dr. Watson let out a heavy sigh and walk closer to me all while placing his hand on my shoulder. "Y/N we don't have the answers yet but you will be the first to know when we do, I want you to know we are doing everything possible for your mother." "Thank you, Dr." I say while wiping my tears away. Dr. Watson leaves the room and walk back over to my mom I gave her a kiss on her hand and I left the room to see Arny. Walking down the hall I see Arny sitting with a cup of coffee hunched over with his cup. "Baby." He stands up and places the cup on the table next to him and he walks up to me all while embracing me. "Is she gonna be okay." "I don't know she's stable for now but she has some serious injuries and I just I don't know Arny." My emotions took over once again and lay my head on Arny's chest and my tears just fall. Arny holds me so tight and I hear him sigh "I hate seeing you like this love it breaks my heart." I just hold on to him tighter. Arny and I both jump when we hear a loud siren and the words "CODE BLUE TREATMENT 3" repeat over the intercom I see Nurses running down the hallway with a cart and I realize "MOM!" I sprint down the hallway and Arny is following close behind me.