Big News

My eyes are met with Danny's and he comes walking at me very fast and I feel him wrap his arms around me. "Thank god you're okay, where have you been?" "I'm fine I'm okay, what are you doing here it's so late." Danny looked at me and gave a small smile and grabbed my face gently "I was worried about you Y/N." "I'm gonna give you two some time to talk, I'll be in the other room if you need me." I gave my mom a smile and watched her leave the room. Danny didn't take his eyes off me he looked at me with so much concern and I could tell how worried he was. I put my hand on his shoulder and said "I'm okay Danny I promise, you don't need to worry about me." "How could you say that! I've been worried about you all day and I can't even get you to talk to me! You can't even send me a simple text!" He said in such a tone of anger and his eyes were filled with fury. I looked at him and I could feel my anger rising, he had no idea what I'd gone through tonight and I just wanted this day to be over. "Danny my phone died! Look I just want to go to bed, today has been long and eventful and I just wanted to go to sleep. "What is going on Y/N we are best-." He pauses and looks at me "Friends." He finishes. "Are we Danny last I thought best friends don't keep secrets from each other!" Right after I said that my heart sank because I knew I was holding secrets too and I feel horrible keeping things from Danny. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have yelled, Danny can we just call it a night please I am so tired." I hear Danny let out a sigh and he pulls me into him with a warm embrace. I wrapped my arms around his waist and embraced him back. "I'm glad you're okay I'll see you before school tomorrow right?" I look up at him and smile "Of course Danny." Danny walked over to the door and threw his jacket on and gave me a wink and was out the door. 

I stood by the door and lay my head on the back of it, I sank to the floor against the door. I pulled my knees to my chest and buried my head to my knees. My mind was all over the place, I thought to myself what am I doing? How could I kiss Arny and Danny on the same day, keep secrets, lie and say I'm fine when in reality I feel like I'm falling apart. I hear more footsteps and I hear my mom coming around the corner and she sees me sitting against the door. "Honey, talk to me tell me what's going on with you?" I look up at her and I could feel tears starting to form in my eyes and then they start to stream down my cheeks. Pushing myself up off the floor I get up and run into my moms' arms. "Mom I don't know what I'm doing or I feel anymore," I say while crying my eyes out. My mom just hugs me and rubs my back. "Sweetheart whatever is going on you are a smart girl and you are going to be okay." My mom was always there for me and I don't know what I would do without her. "Thanks, mom!" I started to rub my tears away and I gave her a smile. "I'm gonna get some water and go to bed okay." "Okay honey I love you!" "I love to mom." I walked into the kitchen and opened the cupboard and grabbed a tall glass cup. Walking over to the fridge I placed the glass on the table and grabbed a pitcher of water from the fridge. While pouring the water a paper caught my eye with the word "CONGRATULATIONS" in bold at the top of the paper. My curiosity got the best of me and I grabbed the paper to get a better look. It was an acceptance letter to a medical center in Chicago for a registered ER nurse. I see that it was addressed to my mom. "MOM!" I yell for her and she comes around the corner once she saw me holding the paper she let out a big sigh "Honey I was gonna tell you I promise I just didn't know the right time."

 I walked over to my mom and gave her the biggest hug. "Mom I'm so proud and happy for you, I can't believe this!" "You're not mad?" "How could I be mad, being an ER nurse has been everything you worked for, and Chicago let's just say you will be busy. We both started laughing and hugged each other so tight. "When do you leave mom?" "This weekend, ugh I had this whole plan I was gonna tell you over dinner, but now you know." "I'm sorry mom just know, that I am so proud of you and I am taking you to dinner tomorrow night okay! My treat!" "Okay honey, I love you so much, now go get some rest I'll see you in the morning." We both smiled at each other and I headed upstairs to my room. I threw myself onto my bed and the feeling of exhaustion consumed me because I was fast asleep.