Staying in

My mind was racing while running out of the school there were so many emotions racing through my mind. All I could do was keep running, I didn't know where I was going all I knew is that I wanted to get as far away from campus as possible. While running I realized I only wanted to see one person right now. I stopped and started breathing heavily from all the running I was doing. With my hands on my knees hunched over just trying to catch my breath, I could feel my breath starting to steady. I reached into my back pocket to call Arny, while swiping through my contacts I realized I never got his number. I let out a large sigh and shove my phone back into my pocket. Thinking to myself maybe he's working today. Before I knew it I was on my way to The Busy Bean hopefully to see Arny.

Walking over to The Busy Bean taking a break from running due to how exhausted I was I took in the fresh air around me. Listening to the breeze through the trees, the chirping of the birds, and feeling the light breeze and sunlight on my skin. I was only a short distance from The Busy Bean I started feeling a smile growing realizing I was excited to see Arny, hopefully, I thought if he was there. Coming closer and I could now see the parking lot looking around I tried to spot Arny's car, but it was nowhere to be seen. I felt a pit start to grow in my stomach, "How could I not ask for his number ugh I'm such an idiot!" Saying out loud to myself. I decided to walk home since I wasn't able to see Arny and I just wanted to get home. I decided to pull out my earbuds and shuffle my playlist and continued walking. I kept walking until I ran into something only to realize it was someone. "What the hell watch where you're going!". We both were picking up our belongings and I came face to face with Amber. "OMG, Amber I am so sorry I-" I was caught off by her "Oh no it was my fault, are you okay?" I looked at her with confusion and thought to myself, she changed up real quick! "So what are you doing here? I thought you had plans at The Busy Bean?" "Oh yeah, I did they got canceled, so I am just heading home now," I said all while trying to sound convincing. "Oh no so sorry to hear, I was just on my way to meet Danny at the Diner." She gave a smile, and then she said excitedly "OMG since your plans were canceled you could come to the diner now!" I started to feel sick, there was no way I was doing that. "Oh Amber I would love to but I really need to get home another time for sure okay!" I could see the sadness form on her face "I understand Y/N," she said with a smile and hugged me bye. I watched as she walked away.

After another somewhat short walk, I made it home. "Mom, I'm home!" I said while closing the door behind and hanging up my bag. There was no answer. Walking further into the house mom was nowhere to be found. "Mom!" I shouted one last time, still no answer. I walked into the kitchen and saw a note on the table.

Hey Honey,

I won't be home tonight, I have a meeting for my new job in Chicago and my girlfriends want to take me out to celebrate afterward! I love you and I'll see you tomorrow! XOXO -Mom

I smiled happily to know she was okay and that she was gonna have a fun night with her friends. Meanwhile, I would be home all night by myself and bored. I went upstairs and changed out of my school clothes and threw on some sweats and a cropped T-shirt. I went to the bathroom to wash the makeup off my face and take out my hair. Taking out the braid my hair had formed very natural loose curls which I loved. Looking at the time I realized it was close to dinner time. I decided to pull out my phone and order a pizza since I was on my own for dinner. Heading back downstairs I started to brew a pot of coffee and turn on some anime on the big screen, I am currently watching Hero Academia. I made myself comfortable with a warm blanket on the couch and I was waiting for my pizza to arrive and my coffee to brew. About 10 minutes later. (Ding Dong). I jumped up from the couch so excited for my pizza. Thinking to myself that was fast I opened the door and I was not met with a delivery boy, it was Arny.