prologue

And suddenly everything was dark and it was cold and it was quiet. Deadly quiet. With only the noise of footsteps and then a spell hitting their back when someone got too close.

She can't seem to remember how it got this way or why she was aching as much as she had been.

All she does know is that now there is an empty piece in her soul. And she doesn't remember what once filled that missing piece in her soul in the first place.

She could think for hours and hours about what was there, but she only got a headache in the end. A headache that is either in the very back of her head or in between her eyes.

Her beautiful brown eyes he loved. Along with the warmth of her olive skin and how she was painted with freckles.

Her warmth would catch his cold.

"I promise..." They would whisper to each other after long nights of love and passion on his king sized bed with black silk sheets.

She doesn't remember the feeling of those sheets and his strong arms wrapped around her. She doesn't remember the way his silver eyes would pour into hers. She would always want to stare into those eyes for days on end.

She doesn't remember their petty little arguments. She doesn't remember how they even started.

She doesn't remember the drinks they have shared, which followed with dares and heavy kisses. What did he even taste like to her?

She doesn't remember anything.

She doesn't remember him.