Sixteen

January 18th, 2020

Our wedding had gone completely according as planned and I was finally a married woman. I was finally Shelby Marie Prescott, wife of Rayne Dakota Presott, quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys. We had the most perfect venue that was covered from head to toe in a Christmas theme even though it was past Christmas. Evergreen trees, twinkly lights, wreaths, and wooden center pieces. The bridesmaids wore evergreen dresses with red heels, and the groomsmen wore grey tux's with matching evergreen ties. Everyone in our wedding party looked so good and I could feel all the love and positivity from every single one of them; letting us know that we picked the right ones to stand next to us. This was my absolute dream wedding and I got to marry my dream guy. We had just finished pictures and were waiting for our introduction as a married couple, giving Dak and I a moment alone together.

"Have I told you how beautiful you look?" He asked, stepping back to look at me in awe once again.

"Only a million times." I leaned into him, wanting another kiss.

"And now I get to tell you for the rest of our lives. God I can't believe we're married now. You're my wife, I'm your husband. It's us against the world now baby girl. I love you."

"I love you more Mr. Prescott." I smiled as we heard 'Finesse' by Cardi B and Bruno Mars turn off for our bridal party and 'Can't Stop The Feeling' by Justin Timberlake come on for our introduction.

"Introducing for the first time, the reason why you all are here. Mr. and Mrs. Dak Prescott!" The DJ shouted into the microphone. We walked through the doors, once we reached half way we busted out into dance as everyone laughed at our entrance.

After we made it to our table with our bridal party, our photographer took some more pictures of us and my maid of honor, Savannah, gave a prayer before we were released to get our dinner. I let Dak decide what we were having for food and of course he picked comfort food, so of course we went all out. Fried chicken, pulled pork, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, green beans, baked beans, rolls, and loads and loads of salads; like pasta salad, pea salad, potato salad, macroni salad, etc. As we were half way through dinner, Tad and Savannah gave their maid of honor and best man speeches and then it was time for our first dance as husband and wife. 'Speechless' by Dan and Shay started playing, except it wasn't the original version I was use to. It was an acoustic version and Dan and Shay walked out, with big smiles on their faces. I had no idea they were going to be here, they were my all time favorites and I was blessed to have seen them multiple times in the past, even becoming friends with them.

"Did you plan this?!" I smacked Dak as he wrapped an arm around my waist as he pulled me into him.

"Maybe. Maybe not." He smirked. "You deserve the best and I know how much you wanted them to be here as guests, but what's better than them singing for us too? They've been here the whole time, I don't know how you didn't recognize them in the crowd." He chuckled, as we slowly danced.

"You my sweet husband, are the best husband in this whole damn world."

*******************************************

I'm speechless

Starin' at you, standin' there, in that dress
What it's doin' to me, ain't a secret
'Cause watchin' you is all that I can do
And I'm speechless

You already know that you're my weakness
After all this time I'm just as nervous
Every time you walk into the room
I'm speechless

**************************************

After their first dance, the father/daughter dance, and mother/son dance; Dak danced with Pam seeing as his mom was gone, Dak and Shelby mingled with their family and friends, thanking them for coming. After awhile, they started dancing with their bridal party and Shelby was tossing them back left and right. It didn't help that almost everyone was buying the couple drinks. Dak knew his wife could handle her alcohol pretty well but she was going to be completely hungover tomorrow morning. He didn't mind though, he was going to take care of her every day for the rest of their lives and he was beyond estatic for it all.

As he sat down for a breather, he couldn't stop smiling and staring at his bride. She was having the absolute time of her life and she deserved to after all those stressful months planning their perfect wedding. He was thanking his lucky stars for literally running into her 2 years ago, if he haden't met Shelby, he was sure he still would be single, living the bachelor life. They had overcome so many things together in the short 2 years that they had been together. They got a dog together, got through the death of her grandma and help plan a funeral for her, got tattoos, learned new things like line dancing and how to cook, got through 2 excruitiating football seasons together, and had become each others best friend in the whole world.

Finally by midnight almost everyone had left the venue as the couple wanted one more dance together. This one being a private dance for some last minute photos and so the couple could savor the last few moments of their big day. 'Make You Feel My Love' by Adele played for the couple as they ended their first day as husband and wife.

***************************************
I know you haven't made your mind up yet
But I would never do you wrong
I've known it from the moment that we met
No doubt in my mind where you belong

I'd go hungry, I'd go black and blue
I'd go crawling down the avenue
No, there's nothing that I wouldn't do
To make you feel my love

Author's Note:

Another filler chapter! Here's a fair warning that a MAJOR time jump is coming up in the following chapters, I hope y'all don't mind that. Thank you for being so patient with me as I finish up this book, the love and support is very much appreciated.
Enjoy this one my loves :)