Seventeen

⚠️Warning⚠️; A LOT of time skips in this chapter! Essentially it's one big filler chapter to start to catch up to speed to 2021-2022. I hope y'all don't mind this, I'm just kind of over writing about things that happened over 2 years ago, my memory is shit after 2 years, especially everything regarding the pandemic!😂 This will also be my longest chapter to date and I'm very proud of myself for it😌 Finally, I hope you enjoy!!🥰

March 14th, 2020

Dak and I had elected to go on our honeymoon later in the year instead of right after the wedding. We wanted it to be nicer out because we decided to drive to our honeymoon destination instead of fly. A normal couple would want to go to a place they hadn't been before or somewhere tropical right? Not us, we ended up in Nashville, Tennessee. We had spent the last 2 weeks here and were having the absolute best time, minus the looming pandemic that was slowly taking over the United States. We had already done all the tourist attractions that you would typically do here in Nashville. We went to the Grand Ole Opry, saw Dan and Shay at the Bridgestone, visited the Ryman, walked around Music Row and Honky Tonk Row and we each got a new pair of cowboy boots. We were headed back to Texas tomorrow night and to say I was excited to go home and be with my husband and Piper was an understatement.

The world was becoming a scary place with COVID-19 ripping its way through China and every country imaginable. I never thought in a million years that I would be experiencing a global pandemic right before my eyes; this was something I had only ever witnessed in my history books, I never thought I would be involved in one. Baseball season had already been cancelled and they were threatening to cancel football season too. I don't know what Dak and I would do if we both didn't have work this year. My anxiety was at an all time high because of all the unknowns surrounding the next few months.

"What're you thinking about babe?" Dak asked, brushing a piece of hair out of my eyes, interupting my racing thoughts. We were sitting on the porch swing at the cabin outside of Nashville that we had been staying at the last 2 weeks.

"This pandemic. Are we even going to have jobs this year? What're we supposed to do if the season gets cancelled? How are we supposed to keep safe during all of this?" I asked, sighing heavily.

"I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there. I say when we get back home we do an online order to Target and get everything we possibly may need to stock up, just to limit our exposure to the outside world. I know your anxiety is at an all time high but this is out of your control, we just need to follow what they tell us to do to stay safe. I'm glad we got our wedding and honeymoon done with before all of this really went crazy. Especially because of all the unknowns regarding the future," He said in a hushed tone.

"I know I have no control over it, I think that's why I'm so freaked out, because I have no control over what's going on." I said, taking a deep breath. "I'm glad too. I didn't want to replan a whole wedding and honeymoon during a pandemic. The way it sounds we're going to be spending an awful lot of time together, not that I'm complaining, but it's going to really test our marriage. Nothing says have your wedding right before a freaking global pandemic and then be locked in your house with your new husband for god knows how long right?" I said, giggling.

"There's no one else I'd rather spend all this time with though. Maybe now I can finish those house projects you keep nagging me to finish." He chuckled. He was right, there were quite a few changes to our new house I wanted him to do. Like adding a porch swing on our back porch, build the fire pit, repaint or at least put wallpaper up in our bedroom, the bathroom and spare bedrooms, and replace all of the cabinet doorknobs/handles in the kitchen. Silly little stuff, I know.