One

June 14th, 2017
I was awoken that morning by my more than annoying alarm clock bright and early. I groaned before turning off my alarm and getting up to go to my closet to get my outfit for the day. It was officially my first day on the job working for the Dallas Cowboys. I had been in Texas for a week and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Luke and I had talked every day after he got out of practice, the same time every single day.

I grabbed a Cowboys shirt and some white shorts before going to the bathroom to change into my new outfit and to finish getting ready. As soon as I was finished I walked downstairs to grab myself an apple and my bottle of water that I always drink out of from the fridge. I grabbed my camera and laptop bag and was out of my apartment.

I pulled onto the interstate and drove the short 5 minutes to the AT&T Stadium where I would be spending the majority of my time for the rest of the season. I loved everything football, the game, the people apart of a team, the atmosphere of fans, everything.

I just graduated from the University of North Carolina with a major in journalism. I had only applied for 2 jobs, working for Carolina and Dallas. Dallas was obviously the one that accepted me. I was so distracted from my thoughts that I didn't even know I had arrived at the very large stadium.

I grabbed my necessary items and walked into the stadium. I had directions to find Jerry's office and he would take me for a tour around the stadium. I was glad for that because this was a large stadium and knowing me I'd get lost.

I was minding my own business looking at the paper map I held in my hands when I ran into something. More like someone. I looked up to see a pair of bright blue eyes. Cole Beasley.

"I'm so sorry I was just trying to find my way to Mr. Jones office. I'm a little stressed, once again I'm so sorry." I said moving around him as I walked towards what I thought was Jerry's office.

I heard him chuckle behind me before speaking up.

"I think you might want to go left not straight. His office is to the left when you get to a sign that says stairs take those all the way up and his office is the door on the right."

"Thanks. I really appreciate it." I said giving him a slight smiling and walking the way he told me to.

I make my way up the stairs when I hear someone else say 'damn' and then a 'ow.' I look over my shoulder and see Dez Bryant and Terrance Williams staring at my butt. I ignore them and make my way to the top of the stairs and turn right like Cole had said.

I knock on the door that says 'Jerry Jones' as I straighten my shirt and run my fingers through my hair before hearing a faint 'Come in.' I open the door and see Jerry stand up from his chair to introduce himself.

"Hello Mr. Jones. I'm Shelby Kuechly." I said shaking his hand.

"No need for that formal stuff. Please call me Jerry. It's nice to meet you Shelby. And Kuechly? That sounds familiar. Are you married to Luke Kuechly or something?" He asked.

"Oh no sir. He's my best friend and my cousin. He's 5 years older than me."

"Oh my I'm so sorry. I just assumed." He said with a feared look on his face.

"No need to be sorry. It isn't the first time someone assumed that. I've gotten that a lot actually. I'm 100% single and intend to keep it that way." I said giggling.