Five

August 3rd, 2017

In the weeks leading up to the game I had managed to get a lot done. Many pictures and interviews were conducted in those weeks, I was excited for the regular season though because I knew I was going to be busier than I already was. I spent a lot of those weeks with Dak and Zeke. I wasn't lying when I said Zeke was my best friend, even though he was currently going through this abuse charge I was still going to stand by him. I didn't agree with the way he was getting treated for something that he didn't even do. Dak was with me on this situation because they were both so close. We hated seeing Zeke this upset, he was close to loosing Kate because she said she "couldn't handle the stress" of his situation. I don't know but I didn't agree with it.

"Are you ready for this game today baby girl?" Dak said as we walked hand and hand out of the tunnel to the field during "practice" before the game. Our families were both out to eat with each other while we were here prepping for the game, even though Dak wasn't playing. Jerry told me I could take pictures but it wasn't a requirement. I was slightly nervous how it was going because Luke and Tad were going to be together and it just didn't seem like a good idea.

"Yeah I've missed football so much and I'm so excited to get into a routine and watch my man play some football." I said winking at him.

We saw Coach Garrett and instantly broke away from each other. If he knew we were together he'd have me fired. He wasn't joking when he said any of the guys couldn't date me. Eventually we were going to have to tell him but for now we were keeping it on the down-low.

******

Dak was practicing with his backup quarterback as he took in the stadium the back ups were playing in. He watched Shelby move around the field snapping pictures and laughing with the players. It made him so happy to see her so happy and truly enjoying her job. She fit right in with the rest of the team and he was thankful that she was here because the boys need a girl figure in their lives.

All of a sudden Dak heard Shelby shriek and yell at someone. Dak looked to his left and saw Tyrann Matthieu hitting on his girlfriend. He didn't know what to do without making it obvious that they were dating, but he couldn't sit back and do nothing. He needed to get Tyrann off his girlfriend.

"Matthieu! Get off of her and leave her alone!" The large quarterback ran over to him and pushed him away from Shelby.

"What the hell is your problem dude? I was just talking to this fine as hell woman getting to know her." He said smirking at Dak.

"No you weren't. Hands off my girlfriend. Got it?" Dak said pushing him again before walking away before he punched the man.

******

2 seconds after Dak walked away Coach Garrett walked over to me. I knew this wasn't good. He heard what Dak had said, I was going to be fired before the season even started. I couldn't believe that Dak would spill our secret when we wanted to keep it on the down-low until at least mid way though the season.

"Hey you okay?" Coach asked me placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah I guess. You aren't mad at me are you?" I asked concerned that he didn't start chewing me out.

"Can we go talk in private please? I need to talk to the both of you." He said placing a hand on my back and leading me to the tunnel that Dak and I had just emerged out of moments before.