Prologue

"Lukey I promise I'll come back to Carolina, I don't know when but I promise I will. Chances are I'll hate it in Texas. I love you so much bud." I said giving a slight smile to the 6'3 linebacker.

"I hope you do. I can't handle not seeing my best friend every day." He said placing the last of my bags in the car so I could begin the 16 hour drive to my new home in Dallas, Texas.

"Oh Luke don't make this goodbye harder!" I said wiping my tears away as I hug the hell out of the Panther's linebacker.

"Go on. Mama P and Dad are waiting for you. Be good, call me every day, don't get in trouble and be sure to watch me every Sunday. I love you." He said hugging me tighter, before letting me go.

I had never been away from my parents nor my older cousin Luke Kuechly for more than 2 weeks. He was 5 years older than me and my best friend in the entire world. We did everything together growing up; making mud patties, running around MeMe and Papa's house with his older and younger brother, riding horses, him helping me with my homework, and even playing his favorite sport, football. I didn't have any siblings so Luke was the closest I had to a brother.

I climbed in the car and waved goodbye to Luke, MeMe, Papa, and the rest of the family that was seeing myself and my parents off. My parents were coming with me to help me get settled in my new apartment. I was making my way to a new city for a new job, with no family, no friends, nothing. Just myself. To say I was terrified was an understatement, but I knew I was capable of it.

I was starting as the social media manager and football writer for the Dallas Cowboys, America's team. I'm more than excited for this new adventure but I was scared to leave my parents and Luke behind. I was hoping I would get a job working for the Panthers so I could stay in Carolina but that sadly wasn't the case. Jerry Jones called me personally and asked if I would come work for him, and you can't just say no to THE Jerry Jones. He was literally the man, the myth and the legend.

"How are you holding up baby?" My mom asked me as we crossed over the bridge leaving the small town in Carolina that I had lived in for 21 years of my life

"I'm doing okay I guess. Is it bad that I'm scared?" I asked focusing more on the road ahead.

"No not at all. You know daddy and I are just a phone call away. I think you'll really like it in Texas though, it's beautiful there."

"Plus you get to work for THE Jerry Jones and America's team! That's my girl!" My dad said from the backseat.

I let out a chuckle. The Dallas Cowboys had always been my dad's team and the Green Bay Packers being my mom's. Our whole family was hoping Luke would get drafted to either of those teams but he ended up being drafted to the Panther's, which was okay because he now loves it with them.

I text Luke telling him I miss him as my parents and I continue the 16 hour drive to Dallas, Texas. New state, New people, New job, and New life.