Three

July 14th, 2017

A few weeks had gone by and I absolutely loved my job and the people that I work with. I had become really close friends with Dak and Zeke. We had hung out almost every day for the last few weeks. I also had made up with Luke, and Dak did contact Luke about me and my favorite things. Luke apparently was a little hesitant about telling him things about me because I think he was concerned about me having a boyfriend, which let me tell you Dak and I are not a thing. He's one of my best friends. Like I've told Zeke multiple times before, I don't want a boyfriend. It was Friday and I had the day off because Jerry was so thrilled with my work in the last few weeks that he allowed me to have a few days off.

"Hey bestie!" Zeke said walking into my house with his girlfriend and Dak.

"Yeah thank you Ezekiel for walking into my house it's not like I was trying to do work or anything." I said rolling my eyes at him.

"Hey Jerry told you that you were not supposed to be working. He gave you time off for a reason! Give me that computer." Dak said trying to grab my computer from my lap.

"No I've got to finish editing this interview that I did with Dez so then I can get it uploaded first thing when I get back to work!" I said whining at Dak from taking my computer.

"No. Come on we're going mini golfing, us 4, Jason and his family and Cole and his family. It'll be fun it's a Friday night live a little Kuechly." Zeke said punching me in the arm.

"Thanks Elliott, please let me finish this interview and then we can. The quicker I get this interview edited then the quicker I can work on other stuff so then I don't have to do nearly as much work when I get back."

"Nope no. We refuse to listen to you make excuses, you're coming with us. No buts." Dak said taking my computer and placing it on top of my fridge because he knows I can't reach it with my 5'2 stature. Luke and Dak were both a whole foot taller than me and it was the worst thing especially in situations like this.

"Fine." I said rolling my eyes and getting up off the couch and quickly running upstairs so then I could get changed. I was not about to go out in my sweats because no one wants to hang out with lazy Shelby.

******

Dak watched her run up her apartment stairs so that she could get changed. He couldn't get her out of his head, he was slowly falling in love with the journalist and nothing was ever going to change that. He thought about her day and night, she was on his mind when he woke up and when he fell asleep. He'd toss and turn at night thinking about her.

"Thinking about dat ass?" Zeke asked nudging Dak who was still in a daze.

"No what makes you think that?" Dak said snapping out the intense daze he was currently in.

"You totally are. Kate and I can see it dude, you aren't hiding it from anyone except maybe her. Come on dude you already know so much about her just ask her out already! We'll give you some space tonight so you better ask her. She's sweet and I know your siblings would love her. You need a girl to settle down with and to keep you grounded." Zeke said pouring his heart out to his best friend.

"Thanks Z, I knew God had you in my life for a reason. If it makes you feel better I'll ask her out tonight. Don't get your hopes up that she'll say yes because I'm not and also because she already has told us she doesn't want anything serious yet."