Chapter Two- New Transportation

I truly can't wait for spring break. My body has been begging me every morning to not get up and go to school and I'll finally be able to listen. This only adds to my lovely mood that hasn't disappeared since I embarrassed myself a few days ago. I'm still mad at myself for not holding myself together in front of Jack. I acted like a pre-teen who doesn't have any social skills... okay maybe part of that is a little true.

I meet up with Kat after lunch today and it turned out to be a disastrous mistake.

She decided it was a good idea to drag me to a part of the school I'd been avoiding all week; the lockers of the rebels of our school. What I mean by that is that they have all claimed a locker here, either theirs or not, and have made camp here. It basically splits our school in half, since this is one of the only cliché high school groups we have.

I usually avoid this side of the school and since Jack is no doubt there as well... basically I have had to avoid this area like the plague the past few days. I know if I see him again I will then embarrass myself all over again. And this time he won't be too shocked to tease and laugh at me.

As we walk down the hall deeper into the jungle of teenage rebels I start to walk farther behind Kat using her as my shield. That's when she saw Joey. I swear he is all she talks about now, they have only known each other for about a week and she wants to date him. But that's Kat for you; she's not a very patient person...

Next to this boy was his friend with bright red hair and pants literary falling to the ground. Joey, on the other hand, was a few inches taller and had his infamous baseball cap on backward.

"Hey, hotty." The redhead said when he saw Kat fully checking her out head to toe.

"Hey, Dan what's up?" She said in her normal 'I'm so cool' attitude that she gets around boys.

"Tryin' to find my library card 'cause I am checking you out--" He was cut quickly off by a shove from Joey, who looked like he was going to punch his friend for trying to flirt with Kat.

Kat seemed to not notice all the tension in the air, but I sure did.

Okay... it's time to go now. Although nothing would probably happen, I still didn't want to be anywhere near if it did. As I said before you never know with these kids. Plus Kat had completely forgotten about my existence a few seconds ago leaving the smart, shy girl in the middle of the B.A hallway... just great. I get about a few steps away from Kat when I hear someone calling me; of course, thinking it was Kat remembering she left me in this place alone. But I turn to see her and Joey completely lip locked. Only slightly shocked at the sight I start to walk away faster, I need to get out of this cursed hallway.

That's when I feel a hand on my shoulder; it's most likely someone just trying to get by me so I pull away so they can just go by, but of course, it's never that simple. By pulling away I end up spinning into the person who has a hard grip on my shoulder. I guess I'm just falling into everyone this week. I close my eyes to braise myself for my fall, but it never comes.

"Hey, you can open your eyes now... I'm not going to murder you or something." I strangely familiar voice said completely amused. I know that voice from somewhere... I opened my eyes and immediately regretted it. My eyes go wide, "Shit." It's Jack again.

He smirks widely at me, "I didn't know that word was even in your vocabulary." Oh no, this is bad... I need to get out of here. I start to give a sheepish smile and back up away from him but he moves to hold both of my arms in a tight grip. "You can't run away this time." Shit... I'm in trouble. I get lost in my thoughts of escape. My idea is if I don't say anything he'll get bored, not kill me and I won't embarrass myself; win-win. So, just stare at him completely silent, when he notices I'm not going to talk he laughs.

He lets go of one of my arms, wraps the other around my shoulder, and walks me along with him. "You know I never really see you on this side of the school." I know he is smirking even though I am staring at my shoes and holding my notebook extremely tight. This is bad. Very bad. Too bad I don't have my textbook, that would have been heavy enough to hit him and run.... hopefully making it to the office before he gets me. But sadly don't have that option. "So when I saw a little girl like you running down the hall I had to come and assort you out of there safely."

I finally look up and glare at him. I wasn't running down the hall and I'm not a little girl. It's not like he's that much taller than me anyway; he only has two inches on me. He chuckles again, "I'm sorry did I offend you Miss Nerd?"

Okay. Let me get this straight. No one calls me a nerd. Just because I get good grades and do my homework doesn't make me a "nerd". Only Kat but that's a best-friend thing. My glare intensifies at his beautiful face and I finally answer, "What the hell is your problem?" Okay maybe my comeback wasn't the best but that's pretty good for me.

He gets a huge smile on his face and yells "She speaks!" His voice echoes down the hall and many people turn and give us a weird look. Some even notice that Jack is messing with me, smirk at us, and keep walking... this is exactly why I don't like this side of the school. When the people look away I start to try to slowly pull away and slip out of his grip. That only makes him hold my shoulder harder, making my escape plans harder.

I know I could escape but my plan would attract even more attention which I really don't want at this point... so which is truly more important? Getting away from Jack or having all of these people staring at me? As I'm lost in thought Jack takes this time to start teasing me again, "Lost in thought about how extremely good-looking I am? I know it's hard to get over. I even have trouble with it sometimes. That's why I can only have one mirror in my room... it's a big distraction. You know?"

Screw it I can't stay near this pig-headed ass anymore. I lifted my elbow and hit him straight in the stomach, catching him by surprise. I twist under his arm and bolt away from him. I get a few classrooms away dodging and running around the other kids as I make my escape. I may not be fast but it should slow him down going around all the other kids. That's when I hear a loud "MOVE". I try to go faster as I see the main lobby just down the hall. But suddenly my world goes upside down... literary. And all I can see is the back of Jack's jacket.

I hear him chuckle "You are something else aren't you?" Shit, I can't believe he just caught me and is now carrying me on his back in front of everyone. I put my face on his back using my hair and his back as a shield so I can't see anyone. I mutter "Asshole" into his back just loud enough for him to hear. He just chuckles making me bounce on his back. I hate his guy so much right now.

When we get into the main entrance he sets me down. I try to ignore all the stares from everyone and I fix my hair which has puffed up thanks to Jack. He laughs at me once again, earning another glare. He puts his hands in his pockets and says, "You better head to class. Don't wanna be a late nerd." I was about to argue as he walked out the doors of the school and the bell rang. Crap I'm late. And did Jack just leave school right in front of me?

And I really need to remember to ask Kat what her definition of "good influence" is.