Chapter Thirteen- Dancing Queen

Soon we all pull up to the school, Brandy parks and says, "Time for masks ladies!" We walk up the building and stand in the line that's going out the door.

I can feel my hands start to shake and my stomach does flips over and over. Making eye contact with Kat she turns to the girls and says, "Okay girls D and I haven't told you the plan yet." They both turn towards Kat with complete interest. "So since D is so good at dancing we're going to have her be the dancing queen tonight, and there's no way she can be shy because no one will know who she is..."

She looks carefully at me, "You're still doing it right?" I took a breath in and out again, I've been shy and scared for so long. This was my chance to get out of my comfort zone without others knowing or judging me. I mean even if the whole night was a huge disaster it wouldn't ever affect Dawn because they'll either know that it was me. This was also my time to get my plan out of the way... Kat would never approve of my plan but this was a perfect time. I'd be so scared to do it at any other time... the time is now. Dawn may not be able to do this but right now I'm not me.

"Let's do this."

We walk into the gym feeling the beat pounding through our bodies, my heart started to follow to the beat of the music, making the nervousness increase even more. People were already out on the floor dancing in the dark; the lights flashing all round. We go off to the side to drop off our shoes and bags before Zack and Joey come over to us.

"Hey, hey ladies" Joey smiled, "Now who are you lovely ladies?" Kat laughed at him and grabbed the soda can he had in his hand. "Cheers Joey." She took a sip and smirked, "You're pretty brave there." She handed the can to me, grabbing Joey by the arm and walking off with him.

"What is it?" Angie asked curiously looking at the can. I shrugged and took a slip from the can, and it tasted horrible. I made a face trying to get the liquid down before handing it to Brandy who immediately took a slip and said, "Yup there's vodka in it."

"Brandy! You shouldn't drink that!" Angie said worriedly looking around quickly. Brandy laughed and handled it to Zack. He laughed finished it then patted my shoulder, "Don't worry you'll get used to it in time."

My eyes widened and I looked at the girls, "Wasn't that your brother?" I nodded. Even my own brother couldn't see through my appearance... or was slightly too drunk to. I smiled at them, tonight actually might work.

I spotted Kat at the side of the gym with Joey and a few of the guys, I went over and grabbed her arm pulling her onto the dance floor. She started dancing and I copied her shyly until we had gotten into the middle of the dance floor where all the people were. The music started to get to me and I started to stop listening to my head, and all the worries. I let myself simply dance happily with Kat.

By the time we were well into the night and I could see a few people getting more and more drunk while a few others left early before the night ended. This is when a guy in a black mask came up to me and the group of girls I had joined to dance with and before I knew it I was dancing alone with this one guy.

I was having an amazing time with this one guy, it was giving me a weird feeling in my stomach. That's when I saw a guy showing off his dancing skills in the middle of the floor. More and more people kept gathering around him. As he would grab any girl swirl her around, not giving any of them a chance to dance along with him. Then drop he would leave the girl along the side after showing how much better his skills were than her.

I then spotted Kat across the circle, watching as the girls walked away in embarrassment after he had "danced" with them. At one point I saw him grab a girl who really didn't want to dance in front of everyone, she looked so shy and my heart went out to her; when he was done she almost started crying as she walked away. The more he did it the more I could see Kat getting annoyed at his arrogance, I could feel my anger growing as well. Yet I could also see my dance partner's annoyance in my lack of attention for him, he looks very jealous in fact. So, I decided to grab his hand pull him over to the growing crowd. This is when the dancer tried to grab Kat who proceeded to slap his hand away, hard. This got the crowd to Oo at the two. He threw his hands up in the air making a face before moving around the crowd for the next girl. I don't understand why people were finding this entertaining.

This is when I made full eye contact with Kat, her eyes lit up when she saw me and gave me the look. I instantly got what she wanted me to do. Turning towards the guy again I could see him spinning a girl around acting as if he was a king, that's when I felt a hand around my waist.

I turned to see the guy I was dancing with holding my waist sending glares at the dancing guy. I made eye contact with my dance partner and I felt myself beginning to melt in his gaze but couldn't figure out why.

Finally, he looked away, following his gaze I see the dancer coming towards me; I feel his grip tightening. This is my time, I put my hand on his and give it a squeeze before I look right at the dancer. I separate myself with the beautiful man I was dancing with; time to do my thing.

I let the dancer grab ahold of my arm and pull me into the middle of the circle of people. He went to spin me and I did it perfectly keeping right up with him; every time he tried to trip me up I kept right up with him. At this point he was catching on that I was as talented as he was. This time I raised my eyebrow keeping his eye contact and started adding small things to our dance, without messing up what he was leading me to do.

Soon I caught him missing a step and used it to take over the dance. I walked around him running my hands along his shoulders smiling at the crowd. I spun myself back to his front then put myself into the leading position, the frustration on his face was crazy. It made me smirk harder as he tried to lead me again. This continued for the next few minutes until I succeeded to dip him where he almost pushed me away in frustration and left the circle after failing to find another dance partner. I laughed and walking out of the circle I was getting so many comments about my dancing and showing him up.

As the night went on I danced with many others some I knew; many that I didn't. My proudness for myself was growing by the moment, that's when a pair of familiar eyes greeted me. My beautiful eyed dance partner.

It just felt right dancing with him, we danced and danced. No words, just dancing; it was a strange but amazing thing. I never thought it was really possible to have true chemistry with someone. I felt so weird but so great at the same time.

It was nearing the end of the night when I decided it was time for my plan. I was so sad this night was going to end, and I'll have to go back to being myself again. But if I only get to have this kind of night once, I was going to end with a bang,

My blue eyes moved up to meet his beautiful green eyes. I leaned in and he followed me slowly than before I knew it my lips were touching his. He slowly and softly moved his lips with mine as we continued to move to the music. Our lips danced rhythmically with us.

Pulling away I smiled at the light feeling in my chest as he pulled me into his chest.

Plan get my first kiss, has succeeded.

***********

Would you look at me being productive!

Updates every THURSDAY 

Stay beautiful <3 SBB