Chapter Fourteen- Problems

I feel my heart beating faster and faster as I race down the hallway looking for Kat. I duck around people scanning for her red hair. This is bad. Very bad.

Practically walking as fast as I can without drawing attention, I finally get to the next hallway to see Kat standing with Brandy. Then I proceed to grab her arm frantically.

"Woah Kat, what's going on?" She turns to me looking beyond confused.

"Bathroom now. We have an emergency." I gave Brandy a friendly smile as Kat and I jogged off to the bathroom.

"But Dawn we're going to be late for class..." She protested as I checked all the stalls of the bathroom.

"You hate that class anyways." The bathroom was completely empty as we heard the bell for class signaling that we were now late.

"Dawn... are you okay?" I turned to see an extremely concerned best friend looking back at me. I shook my head at her in panic.

"Okay, so you remember what I told you that I did at the dance??"

She crossed her arms and gave me an upset face, "Yes I still can't believe you did that! Why would you want to kiss a stranger for your first kiss? I didn't you want it to be special?"

I shook my arms out and paced back to the other side of the bathroom with my back facing Kat, "Well he's no longer an unknown stranger anymore."

"WHAT?" Kat yelled in surprise, "But... but how did he know..."

I turned to face her with my arms crossed, "He doesn't know who I am but he's actively looking and asking people about me. Kat, you need to understand the CANNOT know who I am... I will die with embarrassment..."

"So who is he...? Has he talked directly to you yet?" Her face was filled with confusion trying to understand what I was telling her. In the class just before this, a certain green-eyed boy announced to the entire class that he was looking for the girl who showed up the dancer boy on Saturday night. When the class started to question him, he just gave vague answers about wanting to "get to know her". That's when the whispering and gossip started. I then had to sit through a whole class of people all around me talking about me. I was going to go crazy.

What was worse than all of this gossip was how determined the green-eyed boy was. He was dead serious about finding out who I was and was effectively pulling the rest of the school into the gossip to find me. This is definitely not going to end well, I was so scared about what is about to happen. I can't let him find me, no this will never happen ever again. The whole dance and kiss was a huge accident. I cannot start or make history with this boy. I can't even be near him anymore. This is the end for us.

"Kat... I'm scared..." She came right over to me and hugged me.

"Don't worry Dawn it'll all be okay just tell me what's going on." I could feel her rubbing circles around my back.

"He's looking for me Kat, he freaking announced it in my class today... I can't imagine all the other classes that he's done that in..." I felt myself shiver, "I can't handle all this attention even though they don't even know it's aimed at me yet!"

"It'll be okay Dawn, we won't let them find out it's you okay? The girls and I will keep you safe I swear." I nodded and held in my shakes, "But Dawn you need to tell me who this is okay...?"

I walk out of the bathroom after the bell signaling that class is over with Kat fuming at my side, "I can't believe him! That's he's doing this to you-"

"But he doesn't know it's me yet... So I can't blame him but I still cannot get involved at all."

She huffed at my comment, "At lunch, we'll grab the girls and make a plan so you don't have to deal with this at all. Soon it'll all pass over, you'll see." She said with determination.

We walk into the café with Kat glued to my side and head straight to where Angie is sitting, "Hey Ang do we have a tale for you." Kat says with gritted teeth.

"Hm?" She looked up with her mouth full.

Kat shook her head angrily, "Can you get Brandy to sit with us. We need to discuss something." She got a hold on my arm and pulled me into line with the other students.

"But Kat I have lunch in my locker and I don't eat in here..." I protested.

"Not now Dawn this all needs to fix as soon as we can."

We both get our lunches and head back to the table where now both Angie and Brandy are. Kat and I join them and I can feel my heart beating out of my chest. Barley listening to Kat as she tells my story, I start to stare off into space looking to see if he's at the café yet. On occasion, I could hear another comment from either of the girls about the situation but I wasn't involving myself.

My shock was slowly wearing off and I could feel my body starting to shut down as my brain got more and more scattered. I'll let them come up with the plan for now.

My eyes scanned around one more time before they landed on a figure wearing all black with his bright green eyes. He was really something, I hated him so much.

Kat had a noise something like a growl when she saw him walking in scanning the place like it was his own house, "That fuc-"

"Kat." I stare at her, "If you keep glaring he'll know something is up."

She made one last face at him before turning back to the girls. My hands started to shake, while I won't let myself look at him. I know this is the right thing... even if it hurts.

I sit there idling eating my food holding the feelings back. There's no reason for me to feel like this, it's absolutely stupid. Man up Dawn.

Lifting my head up I try to listen to the conversation and plans the girls are making. You can do this, you never needed him, to begin with.

I don't need Jack, I never did and I never will.

************

Don't hate me!  Update next Thursday

Stay beautiful! SBB