Chapter Twelve- Glue gun angels

I feel heat rush to my cheeks and my head starts to get a weird fuzzy feeling as I stare at Kat upside down. My hair is dangling down on the floorboards. She excitingly dances around with her new dress in front of her as her dance partner while on singing on the top of her lungs. She's been at this for about an hour now. She brought this fluffy black dress that makes it look like she's twirling around in a tutu.

I flip my head back upright feeling the immediate head rush. "When are the girls coming over?" I yell over the music.

"Any minute they should be here, they left like a freaking half an hour ago!" She screams back to me.

I flop onto my back and stare at the ceiling. Not only am I going to this dance I also agreed to have some of Kat's friends over to get ready for the dance with us. When I asked my mom if they could come she offered to buy the world for us. My antisocial self flipped over and looked at Kat who had finally stopped twirling to find us a new song to "pump us up".

The girls coming over were two of Kat's friends, Angelia and Brandy. I had met both of them before but it was crazy that I was inviting them over as friends. Both girls were so outgoing and gorgeous; it was hard to compare to them let alone be confident enough to stand next to them as friends.

Kat grabbed my hand and pulled me out the door, "Angie said they're almost here! Let's wait for them downstairs." We race down the stairs and into the kitchen, Kat smirks at me "Plus I wanted some snacks."

As we grab copious amounts of snacks there's a knock on the door and two girls walk in holding bags walk in smiling.

Kat smiles and runs to give them hugs, "Let's get this party started!" Next thing I know we're all in my room pulling out dresses and googling all over them. I could feel myself starting to laugh along with them.

We all sit in a circle on the floor with Angie and Kat next to me. "Soo anyone get any dates?" Brandy asked excitingly.

"Well of course-" Kat started before Brandy cut her off, "You don't count in this conversation. This is the single club only." We all laughed along as Kat pouted that she couldn't join the conversation.

Angie blushed, "Steven asked me to go with him yesterday." Kat and Brandy looked at her with complete shocked faces. "Wait-" "WHAT?" "Why didn't you tell me??" Angie's face got bright red, "It just happened and I decided to tell you guys here when we were all together."

The girls looked so confused and shocked that they hadn't known this. The only person they didn't really know if they had a date was me and I know that Brandy had just wanted to start talking about boys.

I spoke up, "How did he ask you?" The other girls went silent for a second still processing what I had asked.

"Well... he did over Facebook?" Angie said slowly. Kat smiled, "He's the cute one in our gym class right?"

Angie's face lit right up, "Yes! Isn't he so cute? I was so excited when he started to message me."

"Are we just going to ignore the fact this happened all over Facebook..." Brandy started only to be "shh'd" by Kat, "Let the girl have her fun!"

"Exactly! It's only a dance date." Angie smiled, "Shouldn't we start hair?"

That's when everyone jumped into action, Brandy jumped over to me and began to curl my hair while dangerously dancing around with the curling iron when a good song came on. She kept saying how much she loved my hair and promised to show me her signature "hair flip" which made us all laugh when she showed us. Kat was working on Angie's hair which was already beautifully curly but they had decided, after much argument, that they would just straighten it to make it into large waves.

After finishing Angie's hair the girls started to pull out everyone's dresses. "We need to start making those masks, I am not going to the dance with a mask that's still wet with glue."

Kat laughed holding up our glue gun and said, "Plew plew" pointing it at Angie. Angie backed up, "Don't even think about it..." Kat laughed and started chasing Angie around with the glue gun, the cord flying behind her like a tail.

"It's not funny!" Angie yelled dodging the glue gun. "It's still hot!" They began to move closer to us arguing about the glue gun. Brandy laughed holding the curling iron in one hand she began to pin up my hair with the other trying to find what she liked the best.

"Hey, Dawn are you planning to do a lot of dancing tonight?" Brandy asked coming in front of me studying my hair.

"Hell ya she is!!" Kat screamed as she started pretending to shot Angie again, as she ran around us again.

"Don't you go dancing classes with Kat?" Angie asked, "Ahh Kat stop it!" She laughed before looking into my closet smirking wide, and said: "I'm stealing this Dawn!" Next thing I knew she came out with a foam sword that I'd taken from my brother because he was being annoyed with it; typical.

"En guard Kat!" She held the sword in the fighting position as they went back at it all over again.

Brandy still immersed in her hair creation smiled and nodded, "I was going to give you an up-do but if you're dancing a lot having your hair down makes you feel fabulous!" She said almost singing the word fabulous.

I smiled and asked, "Could you possibly pull it back to it doesn't get in my face too?" Brandy grinned so wide, "Of course! I'm so glad you're starting to warm up to us!" My face turned bright red at her comment but I was glad too, I was having a good time with them.

"Surrender!" Angie yelled charging Kat and she yelled back "Never!"

That was when Kat tripped over Brandy's foot and went face-first into the floor, with Angie falling right after and on top of her. But that was when Brandy lost her grip on the curler still in her hand letting it fall right onto my neck.

Needless to say, after the girls fussed over my inch long wound we covered it up with a solid amount of makeup and moved onto finishing our hair and makeup. After a while, Brandy and I started to work on the masks. "I feel like we're the four musketeers," I said smiling holding up the glue gun like Kat was earlier, "Or like Charlie's angels."

Brandy's eyes lit up, "OH MY GOSH." She turned to the others, "Guys can we pretty please make them be matchy? It'll be so cool looking!"

"Ehhhh I don't know..." Angie started as Kat, "Yes!" leaving Angie to shrug in agreeance to her. The masks turned out to be all different shapes- Brandy and I made different shapes and styles to match each of our faces types and dresses, they were all completely black.

With about fifteen minutes left before we should have been leaving, we've been dancing around the room with our masks on and hair did but no dresses on. After a few minutes more we all got into our dresses and got into Brandy's car with the music blaring. I can feel this is going to be a good night.

I make eye contact with Kat and nod. She smiles widely, knowing I just agreed to her plan... we'll see if my plan will work out too.

*****************

Hey guys! I don't know how or why but I've been getting sooo many notifications from people voting for my chapters and its amazing! It's even got me off my lazy butt to write this chapter! 

The story is definitely going to pick up from here! Be ready!

I even made a plan for where I want this book to go so I will have no mas writers block.  What do you guys think about updates every Thursday?   This seems to be my slow day :)

Love you guys SO MUCH 

Stay beautiful <3 SBB