Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Power Within

Azog the Defiler grinned triumphantly looking at Thorin’s unconscious form, the world seemed to have gone quiet for a moment as his warg approached the dwarf; it lifted its bone crashing leg to finish the job when the earth suddenly started to shake.

The white warg stepped back confused as it tried to keep its footing as the rain started to pour down heavier; Azog the Defiler frowned as he wondered what was going on before a blast of wind drove his warg away from his prize.

Cornelia smirked as she looked at her cousin, she was impressed that Thalia was able to do this and it didn’t even seem like she had noticed that she was the one messing with the elements.

“You will not touch him,” Thalia spat furiously making Azog the Defiler look at her, she gritted her teeth as she felt a surge of power inside of her; she had never felt like this before and there would be consequences for using this much power.

The ground rumbled and the earth shook as Thalia tried to rain in her anger, she glared at the orc before her; she didn’t know where this was coming from but she had a feeling that it was related to the fact she was a daughter of Poseidon.

Azog the Defiler frowned as he stared at Thalia, his master hadn’t told him anything about a powerful being protecting Thorin, son of Thráin.

Fíli and Kíli launched themselves off the tree and moved to protect their uncle as the orcs slowly started to grow impatient; they looked to Azog wondering why he was suddenly so interested in Thalia.

Bring me his head,” Azog snarled pointing at Thorin’s unconscious form, his amber eyes stared at Thalia who gritted her teeth holding on tightly to her sword; Thalia glare at him as she felt her hands shake at the power that she was wielding.

Cornelia grinned holding on tightly to her own sword before she darted over to help Fíli and Kíli, she had every bit of confidence that Thalia could handle protecting Thorin; the blonde was clearly just as powerful as she was.

A battle suddenly erupted as the orcs lurched an attack, they were determined to deliver Thorin’s head to Azog; the defiler didn’t like it when he was kept waiting.

The pale orc frowned watching his soldiers being beaten back, not just by the two prince dwarves and the dark haired woman but by the sudden change in weather; it was like the elements themselves were against them.

Bring me the girl,” Azog said looking at his second-in-command, his eyes locked on Thalia that had fought her way over to Thorin and was now defending his unconscious form.

The orc looked at him wondering what Azog the Defiler could possibly want with a human, she certainly wouldn’t hold his attention long and would probably end up dead by the end of their trip back to their base camp.

“If you want him come and claim him,” Thalia shouted glaring at Azog the Defiler, she didn’t know if she had a death wish but she wasn’t about to back down now.

Thalia watched as Azog frowned at her, she knew that she had caught his attention and not in a positive way; she had always been so careful with her powers but for some reason this was different and she didn’t know why.

“Look out,” Bilbo shouted before he knocked Thalia to the side, he cut down an orc that had been trying to sneak up on the blonde; he knew that he had to help since the company were all doing their part.

Thalia looked at him gratefully as she dealt with the orcs warg, the blonde’s sword swiftly sliced through its neck as she moved; she was sure that this was going to be over quickly.

“Why don’t you face me yourself coward,” Thalia snarled furiously staring at Azog, she glared at the pale orc as Balin shouted out behind her; she didn’t hear him as the wind suddenly picked up drowning out his words of warning to her.