Chapter Sixty-Nine: Arriving Late

Reaching the top of Ravenhill, Thalia quickly dodged an attack from an orc and gritted her teeth; she hadn't thought they'd make it this far without being attacked, it had been surprisingly easy to make it this far. 

Bilbo squeaked as surprise as the orc lunged at him, he quickly cut him down before another was upon them; he couldn't imagine what Ravenhill had been like when Thorin and the others arrived. 

"Go and find the others," Thalia instructed taking down the orc, she doubted that these two orcs would be alone and they didn't have time to just sit around. 

The second army could arrive at any moment and they needed to warn them what was going to happen; they would be overrun by orcs in a matter of minutes.

"What about you?" Bilbo asked looking to Thalia, he didn't want to leave her behind when they had come here together; he feared that the witch might run into some issues alone. 

Thalia sighed shaking her head, she was sure that she would be able to handle whatever came her way; she was doing a lot better than when she had been first handed her sword. 

The blue bladed sword that she had been given had been a god-send since Thalia had gotten it and she was sure that she would be okay no matter what happened. 

"I'll be fine, Go," Thalia insisted spotting a group of orcs coming towards them, Bilbo needed to leave now if he wanted to get a head start; she wasn't sure where the dwarves might be right now. 

Bilbo nodded his head when he spotted the orcs coming towards them, this was just the start of it and soon they would be overrun by orcs without a chance for them to win. 

Watching Bilbo hurry away, Thalia mentally prepared herself for what was too come; she could only hope that Bilbo was successful in his mission.

***

Rushing up the hill, Thorin gripped his sword furiously trying to forget the sight that he had just seen; Fíli had been killed by the orc filth, he had been stabbed straight through the back before being dropped from a height. 

Kíli had rushed off to avenge his brother's death and Thorin had quickly followed hoping to stop him before he got himself killed; they needed to get out of here and fast. 

Reaching the tops of the stairs, Thorin jumped at the sound of a roar before Azog charged out of the shadows towards him; he stumbled back trying to get away from him. 

Thorin quickly dodged the attack and blocked Azog's bladed arm from striking him, he hadn't expected to run into the filth so quickly and he had hoped to find Kíli first. 

He blocked another swing from Azog, Thorin couldn't believe that the orc had actually managed to get the better of Fíli; it made him regret sending his nephews into the fortress to see what was going on. 

Dwalin was somewhere around dealing with the orcs that were scattered about, Thorin could only hope that his old friend would be safe with everything that was going on. 

Azog's mace slammed into the rock just above Thorin's head, he ducked and dived out of the way avoiding being squashed and stabbed by the orc. 

Thorin was furious that Azog had killed Fíli and he had no idea what his sister would say when she was informed that her eldest son had been killed. 

It would certainly remind her of the day that she had heard that her beloved husband had been slaughtered in battle; now their eldest son had followed after him and there was no sign of Kíli anywhere. 

Moving back away from Azog, Thorin knew that he could not allow the orc to get away; he would slaughter everyone else if he had the chance and he wanted nothing more than to put a stop to that.