Chapter Forty-Three: Secrets Revealed

Thalia hissed in pain as David stepped back from her, she glared up at him as he chuckled at her; she resisted the urge to move her leg that now had his dagger was planted into her leg. 

Thalia didn't know why he had targeted her when she had no idea who he was, he seemed to be a few apples short of a full apple tree and it worried her what he might do. 

"Do you know how long that I have been waiting for this?" David said smugly staring down in disgust at Thalia, he knew that the dwarves wouldn't find Thalia and she would die a slow and painful death before he was done with her. 

Thalia moved to rest a hand on her injured leg knowing that if he pulled the dagger out of her leg then she would bled to death. 

"What did I ever do to you?" Thalia asked watching David warily, she knew better than to take her eyes off the clearly deranged man before her. 

Thalia had no idea what he was talking about and she had a feeling that he had certainly been pushed off the deep end; she just wasn't sure what made him think that she had anything to do with this. 

"Nothing... but your half-brother did," David hissed looking down at Thalia, he knew that she wouldn't understand but he needed to make Percy feel the pain that he felt when he learnt that Luke had been killed during the battle with Cronus. 

Thalia stared at him confused, she was now aware that she had several half-brothers now that she was the demigod daughter of Poseidon and not just some mortal witch. 

"Percy Jackson... because of him, my brother Luke is dead," David spat in disgust clenching his hands, he hated the other demigod with a passion and didn't believe what he had been told about Luke's death. 

Thalia blinked confused, she didn't know who David was talking about but she guessed that he was her half-brother through Poseidon.

"I'm sorry," Thalia said softly, she felt her heart go out to David knowing that he was grieving and clearly not in his right mind; she didn't know how he was feeling about losing someone that close to him. 

David snorted as he glared at Thalia, he didn't want her pity and he certainly didn't want her apology; he wanted her to suffer and he was determined to make it happen. 

"I know so many things that you have been kept in the dark about," David said darkly as he moved to lean against a tree, he didn't want to be in range when he destroyed Thalia's entire life. 

Thalia watched him knowing that she wasn't sure where he was going with all of this, it made her nervous; she knew that the forest was enchanted with dark magic and she could only hope that it wasn't going to cause her more problems later on. 

"Haven't you ever wondered why you look nothing like Kathryn? Why you look nothing like your maternal half-siblings?" David asked tilting his head at Thalia, his blue eyes watching her as he smirked.

Thalia looked nothing like the woman that was meant to be her mother and there was only so much of her that could be passed off as Poseidon. 

Thalia frowned trying to ignore what he was saying, she knew he was hitting at something and it wasn't hard to see what he was aiming at. 

"How does it feel to know that your real mother and father didn't want you? That you were nothing more than an experiment in the eyes of the Gods," David taunted grinning at Thalia, he had no intentions of dragging this out since he had waited long enough to get his revenge. 

Thalia opened and closed her mouth at his strange and confusing words, she knew why Poseidon hadn't been around but she had never thought anything about her mother.

"Don't tell me that Cornelia didn't tell you," David sneered as his eyes darkened, he could see her utter confusion and he knew that the daughter of Hades had kept Thalia in the dark about this information. 

Thalia watched David as she tried to figure out what he was talking about, she had never considered that she had been kept in the dark not only about her paternity but her maternity as well. 

"I meet your real mother once... Amphitrite Goddess of fish, seals and springs, you look so much like her," David said thoughtfully recalling the golden haired goddess that not many people saw. 

Thalia was the image of her with Poseidon's eyes, there was no denying that she was the daughter of water even after the tampering that had been done. 

Thalia was suddenly understood why Amphitrite had given her the sword and why she had sent two what the blonde now guessed to be mermaids to give it to her. 

"What do you mean experimented on?" Thalia whispered trying to wrap her head around what she had just learnt, she wasn't sure if she wanted to believe it yet but something felt right about thinking of Amphitrite as her mother. 

David eyed the blonde as he wondered what she was thinking, he just hoped that this would make her see that she was no more than a tool to the Gods. 

"You were born to two immortal gods and yet you are mortal... do you not think that is odd?" David sneered as Thalia moved carefully, he knew that they had to make the three balances mortal and witches for their sick plan to work but he wasn't going to tell Thalia that. 

Thalia swallowed feeling something tug on her mind, she knew that there was something that David wasn't telling her and she still didn't trust him enough to believe everything that he said.

"You expect me to believe you?" Thalia asked moving to push herself up, her blue eyes glaring at the other demi-god knowing that if this was what he thought would upset her then he had another thing coming. 

Thalia wasn't the same person that had been stolen from Earth all those months ago, the past three months had changed her and she wasn't going to just cry over some words that might not even be true. 

"No... but I am the only person being honest with you," David said annoyed looking at Thalia, he had expected the blonde to be weaker than this especially given the fact that she was now injured and exhausted. 

Thalia snorted shaking her head knowing she needed to get away from him and quickly, her powers would be weakened not only by the dark magic of the forest but by her injury. 

"No you're not," Thalia hissed before she raised a hand and knocked David back with her telekinesis, she bit down on her lip as she felt the dark magic suddenly surge at her again. 

Thalia knew that she wasn't recovered from the dark vision that it had given her earlier; it had zapped her energy and now it was slowly draining her again. 

Thalia panted carefully pushing herself to her feet, she needed to get away from David and fast; her leg ached and she knew he wouldn't back off easily. 

David snarled as he glared at Thalia, he hadn't been expecting her to throw him like that; he had assumed the forest would have weakened her too much to do anything after her vision. 

However he didn't get far before an arrow shot through the air and hit him, David convulsed as if being shocked by electricity as Thalia felt darkness tip her world. 

Thalia was really getting tired of blacking out at the most important moments in her life; she was exhausted not just physically but mentally.