Chapter 1

A/N lol I just realized that I put ruby and max like the show. But it's just a coincidence lol.

edited

Ruby's pov

I woke up this morning to my brother's annoying and LOUD voice screaming at his ps4. Being the amazing sister I am I flashed into his room and unplugged his tv, but he just screamed more. So my morning was great.

Anyways after that whole show, I got ready and told my parents that I was going to the Russo's substation. I've been friends with the Russo siblings ever since I moved from Brampton to New York when I was 10 which reminds me I need to pack cause I'm going back to Canada for the summer to visit my grandparents.

I walk into the substation and see Justin working at the counter. I've had a crush on him for the longest time, I know he's kind of a total loser but he's a cute loser.

"Hey Justin!" I said as I walk over to the counter. "Oh hey ruby, max isn't here yet he went out somewhere." "That's fine I'll just wait here for him."

And now there's an awkward silence. Great. " um so are you excited to go back home to see your grandparents?" "I guess. But is gonna kinda boring because this time my cousins won't be there." "Oh, that sucks."

"RUBY HEY!" it's Max, and I silently thank him for saving me from this awkward conversation. " Hey Maxi you ready to lose at Mario cart," I smirk at him. "Oh you're on" he yells pulling me up the staircase.

*Time skip to later that evening*

I'm currently sitting at a table at the substation with max and Justin listening to Mr Russo complain about how empty it is even though it's the rush hour when Alex walks.

"Ugh, this sandwich is amazing. It's a pesto mayonnaise with smoked turkey and a fancy cheese I've never heard of, and I know it's fancy because it's not spray on." She giggles."Where did you get that." Mr Russo says looking at the sandwich. "Oh l, at the new place down the street it's called a late-night bite"

"It's super close so we can go there all the time. The only problem is that it's super pact, not like this place." She winced looking around.

After arguing about whether the new restaurant was a competition or not they decided to send Justin down to check out.

"Hey max, you wanna help me pack my things for tomorrow?" "Yeah sure"
So I flash us out of there and into my room.

As we were packing max asked me "so what time are you leaving tomorrow?" Around 10 are flight leaves at 1 am but my parents want to leave early just in case. " the summers really gonna suck without you he murmured giving me one of his famous pouts" "I'm gonna miss you too maxi, but I'll be back in 4 months and then we can get back to doing all the fun and stupid stuff that we do together!" I say smiling.

" and by fun and stupid stuff we do together you mean, me sitting and listening to you talk about how in love you are with Justin". He says rolling his eyes

" I'm not in love with him I just have a small tiny crush on him that has lasted 4 years." "Yeah, yeah whatever you say."

*Time skip to the next day*

I got to the substation late today and when I walked in I saw something that made my heart shatter. Justin was with a really pretty girl and fighting with his parents to let him date her along with who I'm assuming are the girls' parents. Who I found out are vampires.

I flashed myself into Max's room tears coming out of my eyes which I'm not sure are from the heartbreak or the horrible stench in here.

Max walks into his room and sees me crying " either the stench in here is really bad today, or you've found out about Justin's new vampire girlfriend." I just start crying more.

"I'm really sorry ruby. I know how much you like Justin." He whispers hugging me. How about we go and get some ice cream, it'll make the sadness go away."

So here I am sitting on the steps of Waverly Place with a cup of mint chip ice cream in my hand and my head maxes shoulder. " maybe this vacation is gonna be a good thing maxi, I'll use this time away to get over Justin." "I think so too. And remember to call me, I know your parents won't allow you to flash back and forth so call me every day okay." 

" I promise," I say locking our pinkies.

* time skip to before the flight*

I flashed into the Russo's living room, they were currently finishing up dinner. "Oh hi, ruby I thought had you left for your flight already." Said mrs. Russo. I'm about to I just stopped by to say good buy to everyone.

After hugging everyone including Justin which was really hard because every time I looked at him I felt like crying. I finally to max. I hugged him as long as I possibly could before my mom texted me saying I have to go.

" goodbye Russo's". I say as I flash out.

I was only going away for 4 months. Or so I thought.

Okay, so there's the first chapter!

I know the plot is kinda all over the place but I'm trying

Also the lines arent gonna be exactly word for word because I'm mostly doing this off of memory and I'm also only gonna use the episodes as chapters sometimes.

A/N

Also the aesthetics I put for max and ruby are for after they meet again so it's like a glow-up or what ever. Also you can picture different aesthetics if you want :)