Chapter 17

A/n thank you for 5k reads :)

Rubys pov

" mom im really worried." I sighed setting the unanswered phone down.

" it's been more than a week, and no one has picked up yet. Not even harper."

" look you're probably just worrying yourself over nothing, we're only here for 3 more days so let's try to enjoy." My mom said walking out of the hotel room bathroom.

A couple hours go by and my anxiety gets the best of me.

I leave a note on the night stand for my mom, explaining where I am.

I flash my self out of the hotel and into the russos substation.

My eyes widen at the sight of it.

In the door, there were multiple locks, all the windows were boarded up and there seemed to be traps everywhere.

" what happened here." I whispered in horror.

" Who's there?!" Shouts a familiar voice.

" harper? Harper it's me where are you?"

I hear clinking from the kitchen and then the door opens up.

" ruby is it really you?" She cries.

" yeah of course who else would it be." You said softly as she hugs you.

" harper what happened here, where is everyone."

She sniffled. " they took them."

" who took them?" I said my voice laced with worry.

" some government officials, they just came in and took them about 9 days ago."

" oh my god."

" a-and you've heard no new from them at all. Nothing." I cry out and she shakes her head.

It's been 3 days, i've tried contacting the wizard world but no one was responding, i tried using a locater spell but my magic wasn't working as well. I was stumped.

I sigh closing the book and placing it back on the bookshelf inside the russos lair.

" GO AWAY GOVERNMENT GUYS, I HAVE A SODA GUN AND ITS LOADED WITH ROOT BEER!" I here harper yell.

I scurry out of the lair and through
the kitchen door.

" harper its us! We escaped from the government guys." Mr. Russo shouts from behind the door.

" I'm not falling for that, the real russos are to lame to escape from anywhere."

" harper maybe it's really them." You whisper.

" HARPER! it's me alex, we only got here from hitching rides and alot of walking and.our magic isnt working so we cant flash in." Alex yelled.

" walking, you didnt walk at all you made me carry you like a camel!" Mason said in disbelief. And then added a " love."

" to lazy to walk." Me and harper said at the same time.

" oh alex it is you." She said opening up the 15 locks on the door.

" wait let me unset all the booby traps." I said

" okay all the traps are unset you can let them in now." I smile.

The russos walk into through the door. Max being last.

" Max!" You cry hugging him. " you're  okay." I said hold his face in my hands and examining it to make sure he wasn't hurt.

" yeah I'm fine, dont worry the government isnt a match for max russo." He said hugging me when he saw tears forming in my eyes.

I sniffle and laugh." You smell really bad."

" yeah I havent showered in like 3 weeks."

I pull away quickly. " wait, you've only been gone for 11 days."

" I know." He smirked walking away.

Ew.

I walk out of the kitchen food trays in my hands and set them down onto the tables. And the second they go down they plates are almost empty.

" thanks so much ruby. Oh god we were so hungry." Alex groans shoving some fries in her mouths.

" it's the least I can do, i was so worried about you guys." I said sitting down next to max.

" so what's the plan."

" what plan alex." Justin questioned.

" you know the plan to save the wizard world."

" there is no plan. We just have to wait and see what happens."

" what? You just wanna sit here and wait, while professor crumbs and all the other wizards are being held captive?"

" alex, I know you wanna help out but it's best if we just stay put right now." Mr russo says.

" I'm really glad your okay." I whisper as we sit outside on the balcony.
" I was so scared that I was gonna lose you."

Max grabs my hand with both of his hands. " I'm never gonna leave you, I promise I'll always find my way back to you." He smiled.

" what's with the crowd over there?" I ask max as we're walking to the substation.

" I dont know, but is that alex?" He replied.

" look, I know I said that lady gaga was gonna be here, but i lied." Alex said and the crowd started booing and groaning.

What is she doing?

" wait please dont leave! We need your help. The government is holding a bunch of wizards captive, yes that's right wizards." She said.

Fuck.

" alex! What are you doing?" Mrs. Russi said rushing to her daughters side.

" I'm trying to save the wizard world."

A few seconds later the crowd that was there despaired and in their place was professor crumbs.

"Professor crumbs?!" We all shout.

" alex russo, in violation of the wizard rule of exposing wizardry to the human world, you are expected to trial in wizard court."

" b- what I was trying to save you."

" this was just a test to see if you could pass but you didn't."

" so this whole thing was just about this stupid wizards competition, I walked miles old man, you owe me a new pair of shoes." Mrs russo pointed at him.

" will these do?" He questioned pulling out a pair of sandals.

" oh these are cute." She said walking away.

" see alex! I told you not to do this." Justin said walking up to us.

" Justin Russo I'll see you in wizard court for exposing wizardry to agent 114." ( idk what it was lol )

I watch as Justin's face immediately drops.

" b-but I was trying to save us from aliens." He stammered.

" HA! Aliens!" Professer crumbs laughed as he flashed out.

" I'm very disappointed in you alex, I mean exposing wizardry, you know the consequences of that." Mr russo sighed.

" I was just trying to help." She frowned.

End of chapter

Not proof read

I'm skipping over the whole court thing cause Ruby's charecter isnt gonna be there