Chapter 4

edited 

Ruby's pov

"What makes you think I'm gonna find her?"

Me, Max, and Justin are sitting in the Russo's lair,

"because" max starts,  "in the last ten years that I've known you I've never seen you give up on anything."

"Wait ten yea-" I start before Justin interrupts me.

"Thanks max, you sure do have your moments of wisdom." he starts walking away before he pauses and turns around.

"you've known me longer than ten years." He says with a confused look.

"Yeah but I wasn't really paying attention in the beginning, Alex told me you were just our butler."

I keep my eyes on max as Justin exits the lair. I'm getting that feeling again. The one I got the other night when he walked me home.

"Is there something on my face?" Max wipes away at his face.

"What?" I say snapping out of my trance.

"You were staring at me, so I thought there was something on my face."

The heat rises to my cheeks, "O-oh, no I just zoned out" I say with an extremely red face.

"Anyways you wanna play DC vs Mortal Combat."

" Sure as long as you don't cry like a little baby when you lose." I  laugh.

I exit the lair and hear his voice behind me, " hey I don't cry like a little baby!?"

"Whatever you say max."

-----------

"HA! that's 10 to 6. I won the most rounds." I say smirking at him.

"That's no fair! You cheated!"

"What no I didn't! I don't think that there's even away for you to cheat in this game!"

"Yeah, whatever." He rolls his eyes at me and I punch his arm.

"Hey! What was that for?"

" Nothing you're just a loser." I  laugh. 

"Hey, max turn the game off now Masons gonna be here for dinner soon."I hear Mrs Russo shouts from the staircase.

"Oh, ruby I didn't know you were still here. how about you stay over for dinner hm?"

"Sure I'd love to Mrs Russo."

----------

The dinner was awkward, to say the least. With Justin's mashed potato girlfriend and the suspicion that mason has another girlfriend. Poor Alex.

* time skip *

We're currently in Transylvania looking for Juliet with help of mason who's sniffing her out ( who we discovered is a werewolf and isn't cheating on Alex )

     " No max you can't stop for a bathroom break," I say out of frustration.

" It's not fair how come he gets to pee at every tree we pass but you guys slap me when I did it?!" He says as mason comes out from behind a couple of trees.

"Oh just shut up," I say as we start walking again.

 We reach an archway way to an old castle-looking thing?