Chapter 8

edited

Max's POV

"Hey max, it's time for your shift. Max? Max!" Justin tries to get my attention.

" Dude you haven't said a word to me for the past 5 days, is this because I was dancing with ruby?" he sighed sitting down on the couch.

"Well what do you think I roll?" my eyes at him.

"Oh come on dude we just danced why are you so mad about it."

" No, Justin it wasn't just a dance, because one, she accidentally confessed her feelings for you and two you guys have been hanging out a lot lately," I say getting up from the couch.

" We don't hang out a lot he," scoffs as we both walk out the door.

" Really then what are your plans for your lunch break?" I question him putting on my apron.

"Oh me and ruby are gonna go to that new cat caf- okay so maybe we hang out a little bit but it doesn't matter because she knows that I'm still in love with Juliet."

"There's  nothing going on between us I swear, plus aren't you and dia a thing?"

"Well yeah, but It's only been a week I can't get over ruby that fast."

Justin then gets a notification on his phone.

"it's ruby I have to go, bye max." he waves at me as i scowl at him.

Ruby's POV

" Hey ruby," I turn around to see Justin walking up to me.

"Yo, you ready to go?" I ask.

"Yeah, Zeke said he'll meet us there."

" You know, max is kinda jealous that we've been hanging out alone lately," he smirks at me.

"But, we're not hanging out alone.... Zeke, harper or Alex are usually with us," I say confused.

"Yeah, but he doesn't know that."

" Justin, he has a girlfriend, let it go I'll move on okay."

" Okay fine then let's try finding someone for you right now."

" Right now? "

"Yeah what's your ideal man, and don't say Yoongi."

" But Yoongi is my ideal man." I pout as we walk into the cafe.

"Oh my god! There's like 20 cats in here I think I'm in heaven." I fawn over them.

" Oh there's Zeke."  we walk up to his table and sit down.

----------

we all finished our food and said goodbye to the cute cats, after that, we went to the park to feed the ducks cause Zeke apparently adopted one.

"Oh no! I forgot I had clog dancing." today Zeke freaks out.

"Guys I have to go, see you later Mr quacks," he says to the duck he was feeding.

"Bye Zeke!" me and Justin both yell.

We're both seated on a park bench sitting in comfortable silence.

For the 10th time today, my mind wanders to max and his new girlfriend. I frown upon the memory of them at the dance, he looked so happy.

"Hey, you okay?" Justin interrupts my thoughts with a hint of concern in his voice.

" Yeah, I guess." I sigh.

" God, you Russo boys just can give my heart a break can you." I breathe with a small laugh.

" Hey, we can't help how charming we are." he punches my arm.

I look behind him to see a couple walking on the pathway, max and dia holding hands and laughing together.

Justin turns around to see what I'm frowning at. I try to hold back the tears in my eyes. I clear my throat,

"Um I think I'm gonna head home now okay," I say standing up and wiping my tears away.

"Do you want me to walk you home?"

" No, it's fine," I assure him.

"And thanks Justin." i smile at him.

"For what?" he asks.

" For trying to cheer me up." He smiles back at me,

"no problem." he bends down and kisses my cheek.

"Bye call me when you get home so I know you're safe."

" I will."

Max's POV

I'm walking in the park with dia and see Justin and ruby.

They were talking and smiling at one another.

Justin then leans down to kiss Ruby's cheek. I feel my heart wince a bit.

Just friends my ass.

"Hey, max are you alright?"

I hear Dia's voice.

"Oh yeah just got lost in thought."

"okay well let's go see the ducks." she laughs pulling me towards the pond.