Chapter 10

edited

Ruby's POV

currently, max, Justin, Alex and I, are waiting for their uncle kelbo to come watch them while their parents are away, and Justin is going on about, a mixer?  

" is a mixer something lamer than calling it a girl-boy party, as if you've even been to one." Alex giggles.   " hey! i have been to many boy-girl parties before." Justin huffs. 

" ha okay, having Zeke over and me, harper and ruby walk through is not a boy-girl party, and no, ruby's birthday does not count" she laughs as Justin walks the other way defeated. 

just then someone walks through the substation doors, "hello?" a voice says. we all look up and, "h-holy shit your Shakira." i stutter out. "yeah?" she smiles. 

' oh my god i can't believe i just met shakira, my sister is gonna freak she's had a crush on her since she was 12.' i think to myself. 

I'm broken out of my thoughts to see Alex and Shakira, singing? 

" um dude what's going on?" I ask confused. " oh Shakira said that the only way to fix her tour bus is for a fan to sing a duet with her" max replies as if that's the most logical thing in the world. " huh?" i say puzzled. 

we watch the two for about a minute until Shakira transforms into kelbo. " uncle kelbo?!" me and Alex say confused. " yes it's me! the responsible adult, while you're parents, are away on their romantic vacation" he said with his arm in the air

" sister, brother, friend. LET'S DANCE" he exclaims. " well that bus isn't gonna fix itself." I shrug as we start dancing.

  " uncle kelbo, won't Shakira be upset when she finds out you're impersonating her?" Alex asks slurping some noodles.  " you wanna hear a secret?" he whispers as him and max walk closer to where Alex and i are sitting. " THERE IS NO SHAKIRA!  i made her up years ago." he laughs almost crying

" EW! that means my sister has had crush on kelbo for almost half of her life." i say with disgust. " uh no offence kelbo." I say hoping I didn't hurt his feelings.  "none taken." he says not fazed by my comment. "do you know how many people have been kissing your poster? one of them is your brother." Alex laughs.

"I do have a problem though, lately i haven't been able to control when i turn into kelbo or Shakira." he states. " well why don't you just go to the wizard council," i ask. 

" Because the spell i used isn't exactly legal to use."  he winces. " you used a banned spell?!" i say shocked. " kelbo do you realize how much trouble you could be in." i continue. 

" yes i do, and this is exactly why we can't tell them."  he says. " well id usually go to Justin for help in a situation like this but knowing him he'd report you to the wizard council right away." Alex says. 

* time skip *

"yeah remember how our plan was to make sure Justin didn't find out". i hear max say on the other side of the phone. " let me guess, he found out." i sigh

" yup, kelbo transformed in front of him after Justin confessed his love for Shakira" he laughs

  "oh my god that's so embarrassing" I wince. 

" yeah and get this, before he found out yesterday he told the school that Shakira was gonna be there at his mixer."  

" oh shit, what are you guys gonna do you can have kelbo going from a beautiful goddess to well, kelbo in front of everyone." 

" yeah Justin made a potion for me and kelb-" he starts before I cut him off.

" im sorry did you say, YOU and kelbo, max what did you do!" i cry. 

" i turned my self in trashcan." he says proudly. " idiot. well what went wrong with potion?" 

" it only turned me back half way, now i have a trashcan body it's really cool." he exclaims. " I'm sure it is buddy." I sigh. " well call me when your not a trashcan okay." 

" Okay bye ruby!" 

" bye" i shut the phone and head back to my mom's dinner party.

end of chapter 10 

im out of ideas so i made this chapter short.

 also the episode 'max secret girlfriend' is supposed to be a few episodes after this one but let's pretend it was before ruby came back to new york.

also im so sad because im not ready for the end of attack on titan TWT