chapter 2

Max's pov

October 10th, 2019

It's been almost 4 months since ruby left for Canada. We talk almost every other day but last week she got grounded for turning her brother into
Fly. Which they almost zapped with a bug zapper. So I haven't talked to her since then.

She's supposed to be ungrounded by today so I'm waiting on her message right now.

"Ding" I hear the notification of my phone go off. I open my phone to see a long paragraph sent from ruby. And one thing in it catches my eye. " I won't be coming back anytime soon." I panic so I call her right away.

Phone call

Ruby: hi max

Max: WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WONT BE COMING BACK SOON. YOU ALREADY MISSED THE FIRST COUPLE OF WEEKS OF SCHOOL! RUBY POTTER YOU CANT DO THIS WHAT ABOUT US GOING BACK TO DOING FUN AND STUPID THINGS. MY LIFE WILL BE OVER WITH OUT YOU.

Ruby: I'm assuming you got my message, haha....

Max: YES I GOT YOUR MESSAGE

Ruby: MAX WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING?!

Max: BECAUSE IT ADDS FOR THE DRAMTIC EFFECT, AND MAKES ME FEEL LIKE IM IN A REALLY INTENSE MOVIE SCENE. Okay I'll stop yelling now. So why aren't you coming back, I thought you were only gonna be gone for 4 months :(

Ruby: maxi I know I said that but turns out that my grandmas really sick , and my grandpa isnt in any condition to take care of her, and none of my other relatives live close by. So my parents decided that for now we'll all stay here until after my grandmas treatments are done which could take up to another 5 months.

Max: another 5 months. But ruby that would mean you'd be gone for..... 4 + 5 is... five,six, seven, eight. NINE MONTHS.

Ruby: it took you that long to add 4 + 5?

Max: hey dont act like your any better at math then I am.

Ruby: yeah your right. Anyways back to the point, I'll be gone for another 5 months but if my grandma stays sick we might have to stay here. I'm sorry max

Max: I'm sorry to ruby. I really hope your grandma gets better ruby and I miss you alot.

Ruby: I miss you to max.

Max: I have to get to class now I'll talk to you later okay. Bye

Ruby: bye max

* Time skip *

Im sitting in the sub cart think about ruby.l when alex walks in

" Hey max, why do you look so miserable."

 "Hey alex, turns out ruby wont be coming back for another 5 months maybe even more." I sigh resting my head in my hands.

 "Oh. Well if you want you can take harper from me to be a substitute ruby for you while shes gone." She laughs.

 "No harpers not even gonna last 5 seconds standing in my room, Ruby's able to last a whole hour, that's longer than anyone else who's been in there." I say proudly

"Yeah... she really deserves an award or something for that" she says laughing again. 

She sits down beside me and hugs me "I'm sorry maxi I know much you were looking forward to seeing her again."

And theres chapter 2 :)