Chapter 11

edited

1 month time skip from the last chapter

Ruby's  POV

I walk into school to see max and dia showing a bit too much pda by the lockers. ' ew ' I think as they pull apart and dia leaves max to go who knows where.

" hey, max" I greet opening my locker.
" hey ru. " he sighs. " what's with the sad sigh." I turn to face him.

" me and dia have been dating for 3 months but instead of growing closer to her I feel as if I've shifted away and that we don't have that much in common ." He said running his hands through his hair.

I know what your thinking I shouldn't be happy that my best friend's relationship is falling apart but it's not my fault I have feelings for him.

" well do you wanna break up with her?" I ask nervously hoping he wouldn't suspect me.

He's silent for a moment studying my face. " I don't know. I'll give it some time and see what I do. Anyways I have to head to class see you."

After class, I head to the washrooms, as I walk in I see dia standing in front of the mirror.

" oh hey ruby, how's your day going." She beamed. ' stop being so fucking nice ' I think.

" oh it's tiring I had math class just now and I hate math," I growl and she laughs.

" hey I have a question, I feel like max is losing feelings for me and since you know him better than anyone I wanted to know if there's anything I can do to fix it." She says.

" um, well what do you guys usually do when you hang out maybe it has something to do with that?" I ask

" well we go on study dates, we go to the movies and watch rom-coms we go shopping and some other stuff here and there." She blushes

'I know what advice I should give her and I really don't want to but I don't wanna be a bad friend, fuck what do I do

" u-um, well you see max doesn't really like to do those kinda things all the time, he does it for you because you're his girlfriend and he wants you to be happy, but you should also think about what he wants to do next" I pause to take a huff of air.

" why don't you try playing video games with him, or going to see the new spiderman movie with him instead of a rom-com," I suggest.

" oh my god, you're right! I haven't once thought of what max wanted to do. God, I'm so selfish, thank you ruby it means a lot." She smiles and hugs me.

" yeah, no problem," I say as she leaves the bathroom.

I let a few tears slide down my cheeks. 'Why the hell can't I get over you max.'

End of chapter 11

Short chapter for today 🥰