Chapter 20

Ruby's POV

I sit there and stare at the wall, it's been I couple of hours since max confessed his feelings for me.

At first I felt angry, angry that he played with my feelings like that, but slowly I started to feel happy, happy that he liked me back.

Happy that I wont have to try and get over him.

" okay," I said wiping the tears from my face.

" I'm gonna get out of this bed make my self look presentable, and then I'm gonna go see max." I assure myself as I hopped out of bed.

------------

I stand outside of Max's room anxiously, as I rethink my decision of coming here.

" oh my god just knock already, I've been watching you chew at your cheek for 15 minutes now." A voice groaned.

Alex who was standing at the end of the hallway, walked up to the door,
" I'll do it myself." She said knocking on the door, before running away.

" I'm coming" max said from the other side of the door.

I heard shuffling in the room, and then the sound of the door opening.

" what do you wa- ruby?"  He said, eyes widening.

" hey, w-we should talk?" I said but I sounded more like a question.

" y-yeah sure come in." He said gesturing me inside.

I walk into the room, and take a seat on his bed, and he sits beside me.

" so, did you give it some thought." He asked breaking the silence.

" well, at first I was pissed off, I dont know why you would play with my feelings like that, but then I realised that you're an idiot."

" a-and, I dont get it what's your answer? Are we good? Do you hate me now?!" He started to ramble.

I've always seen people do this in movies, when the other person is rambling and they kiss them to shut them up.

I grab his face as he rambles on, and then i place my lips on his. Well at least I know how to shut him up now.

I pull back from the kiss, and stare at his shocked face.

" woah."

" that's all you have to say, woah." I laugh at his expression.

He clears his throat, " I need a few minutes to process that." He said squinting his eyes.

"................."

" okay I'm good! Do it again." He smiled.

" would you look at the time i have to see you later max." I said running out of his room.

" wait come back, come on just one more." He said chasing after me."

" good bye mrs russo!" I shout running out the substation doors.

Max's POV

I walk into the lair with a smirk on my face.