Chapter 19

Thank you so much for 8k :)

3rd POV

I sit and watch as Max sits with Lisa.

" Do it again." He asked the girl for the 18th time.

" I did it like 18 times already, it's getting annoying." She rolled her eyes.

Mr. russo walks over to her, " He was annoying to me at first too, but he grows on you!" He smiled at her excitedly.

The front door opens up and Lisa's parents walk in, " how's my little princess!" Mr. cucuy asked.

Mr. russo rushes over to them knocking down a couple chairs as he did, " And her prince! And her prince! Look at them they're hitting it off." He motioned towards the two.

Now it's my turn to roll my eyes.

" Hey max, I'm gonna head out." I said gathering my things.

" yeah whatever." He said waving me off.

Ouch. That stings

" move." I say pushing my way through the cucuys.

-----------

I look up at the ceiling of my room, blinking away the tears that have been pouring out of my eyes for the past half hour.

" what an asshole." I mumble to myself.

Flashback

" trust me ruby, max one hundred percent likes you." Justin said taking a sip of his drink.

" you should tell him, I'm getting tired of seeing this when its obvious you both have a thing for each other." Alex groaned resting her head on mason.

" I agree with alex." Mason nodded.

" you'd agree with alex no matter what the case." I roll my eyes.

End of flashback

I was gonna tell him soon, I had finally worked up the courage to tell him, and then he just goes and gets with some chick he just met?

* ding *

My phone gets a notification

Max: Yo you wanna come to a yacht party?

I roll my eyes at the message.

Ruby: No

Max: why not it's gonna be fun

Ruby: I dont feel good

Seen 2:30 PM

Damn i know I said no but he didn't even try to convince me.

Max's POV

I stare at the message and groan

" I think I fucked up." I say putting my head in my hands ."

" what did you do, I mean other than get a girlfriend when you know that ruby likes you and you like her back?" Justin asked raising an eyebrow.

" other then that, nothing." I sigh.

" you have to apologize to her, break up with this girl, and apologize to ruby. She might not forgive you easily because you were an asshole, but she will eventually." He said Patting my shoulder.

-----------

" Hey mrs Potter is Ruby home?" I asked as she opened the door.

" yeah shes upstairs, you can go on up." She smiled.

I walk up the stairs and knock on her door.

" ruby, it's me max."

I hear shuffling in the room and then the door opens and I'm faced with a puffy faced ruby.

Shit.

" hey, are you okay." I asked softly.

" yeah I'm fine."she said sitting down on her bed.

" how was your yacht party?"

" it was boring aside from when mason went full wolf on everone." I chuckle.

"........"

" you know, I dont actually like lisa right?" I said sitting beside her.

" okay?"

I sigh, " look, I'm sorry. I was just trying to make you jealous, it was stupid of me because I already knew that you liked me but I just wanted you to admit it." I apologize bowing my head.

Its silent for a few minutes.

" so you did this to get to admit that i like you? and then what? What happens after that? do you go find another girlfriend?" She scoffed.

" what? No, I- I like you too, I have for a while now. And I know I fucked up and it'll take time for you to forgive me, but just know that I'm not trying to make a joke out of your feelings. I could never do that to you."

"........"

" I'll get going now, and give you some space to think." I say getting up off the bed and walking through the door.

I was hoping she'd ask me to stay or she'd call my name, but she didn't.

End of chapter