Chapter 2

Mi-Cha stirs awake to the sound of her name being called.

"Mi-Cha, we're here. I need you to wake up for me," Sheriff Namjoon says, helping her sit up.

With a gentle hold on her elbow, he helps her out of the truck, closing the door behind him.

"We should take her to see my father first. He could document her injuries and get her the justification she needs for trial," one of them men says, falling in step with them.

By his scent, he was a beta, but carried himself like an alpha would. It seems he had some sort of superiority over them. He was tall, almost the same height as Sheriff Namjoon and had broad shoulders and a handsome face. He was the one that had wanted to let her go.

"Good thinking Jin," the other man said, patting him on the back.

This one was not too much shorter than the first two men, and was undoubtedly an alpha. He was the one who'd had the outburst earlier.

"Thanks Hobi, can you go and ask Dawon for some spare clothes? Besides the height difference, they look to be the same size," the one called Jin says and the other man nods, jogging off somewhere behind them.

Mi-Cha listens numbly, feeling disoriented. She wasn't sure if she was in her right mind, but she just couldn't fathom the fact they they were so willingly helping her. She'd committed a murder right in front of their faces, a very serious offense nowadays. The werewolf population was dwindling and every life was to be considered precious. Packs were separating themselves from their inner animals and striving to live more modern and civilized lives—hence why the Johwa pack, the biggest pack in this neck of the woods, had created a government. If smaller, surrounding packs agreed to abide by their laws, they'd extend the olive branch would help provide resources to those packs. That's why Sheriff Namjoon had been there today. Her father was supposed to be meeting him in hopes of joining this alliance.

The sheriff leads her into a building not too far from where he'd parked his car and she immediately stiffens when the sterile scent hit her nose.

"Stay here, I'll go get him," Jin says, and Namjoon nods, guiding her into a chair by the door.

"Are you okay?" the sheriff asks when the uneven legs on the chair gave away how badly she was shaking.

"I-I please, y-you can't let him do this," she begs, shooting up out of the chair in attempts to get away.

"Do what? Hey! I can't let you run Mi-Cha. Calm down and explain," Namjoon says, grabbing ahold of one of her arms.

She looks up at him with teary eyes that fill with terror as she spots something over his shoulder.

"What—" he asks, turning around.

"Nooo, please!" she begs, grabbing ahold of his arm as Jin and his father, Dr. Kim, get closer.

"What's going on?" Jin asks, looking back and forth between his mate and the girl hiding behind his form, so terrified he could hear the silver she was cuffed with shake with her hands.

"She's scared. I think it may have something to do with doctors judging by the way she regarded you," he says to Dr. Kim.

"Mi-Cha, I'm Dr.Kim. I'm not gonna hurt you," he says in a calm tone.

"That's what they all say," she whispers, still hiding behind Namjoon, but they catch it and look at each other with concern.

"Mi-cha, I just want to help. I heard you were hurt. I just want to take a look okay? I can talk you through everything I'm doing. I mean you no harm. See? Can you look at me?" he asks, something about the warmth in his tone making her gather the courage to peak around Namjoon.