Chapter 16

Jeongguk was still in his meeting by the time they MiMi and Jimin left the library and the two were contemplating whether or not they wanted to eat out for lunch or go and get groceries to cook at home when Jimin's mom called and made the decision for them by inviting them out to lunch with she and JK's mom at a little cafe right next to the salon they worked at.

"Don't look so nervous. It'll be fine. It's not like you haven't met them before," Jimin assures his nervous soulmate.

"I've spent all of an hour with your mom and even less than that with Koo's mom so does it really count?" she groans, making him giggle.

"Of course it does, silly. They're both excited to see you so that counts for something right?" he asks, looking over at her.

"I guess," she replies, apprehensively  gazing down at him as he links arms with her.

"That's the spirit. Everything will be just fine," he says, smiling up at her.

She couldn't help but return the smile, those pesky butterflies swarming in her tummy yet again that day—his beautiful smile and the way he wrapped his arm around hers making her giddy inside.

Jimin was a sight to behold always, but especially in the daylight. No feature could go unnoticed under the bright, beaming rays of the sun. Shiny, black hair with streaks of the darkest brown peeking through here and there; sun kissed skin; and some of the most beautiful features she'd ever seen on one person made him almost unattainable in her mind sometimes—a Greek God sent to Earth whose affection she wasn't worthy of—but miraculously had been chosen to receive. This was more than infatuation. She could practically feel the bond pulling at her heartstrings every time she looked at him or JK today and it made her wonder what had changed. Was it because they were getting closer? She sure hoped so. All she's ever wanted was to love without fear, but she doesn't know what that feels like anymore. Those blissful memories were locked up tight and submerged in ice once she saw her father and brother, the only men she'd ever loved, for who they really were.

Sensing her thoughts turning dark and thinking it was nerves, Jimin points out businesses and other things  along the way—his consistent chatting putting her back in a more positive headspace.

After about a 10 minute walk, they arrived at their destination—a small, but cute cafe with a mom and pop aesthetic.

"This is cute," MiMi gushes, opening the door for Jimin.

"You're cute," he grins in a teasing manner, making her scoff playfully to avoid full on blushing.

Jimin's mom waves her arm to get their attention and they make their way over to the nice 4 top table next to the window. They're greeted with warm hugs from both mothers before they take their seats across from them at the table.

"You two got here quicker than I expected," Jimin's mother states, smiling over at the two.

"They were probably already out. Kookie's meeting is today," JK's mother states and Mrs. Park snaps her fingers, realization hitting her.

"Yeah, that's right. Gosh, I'm so forgetful nowadays," she tsks, picking up a menu from the table.

"We decided to go to the library and chat with Mrs. Kim while we waited and Mimi here left with a job," Jimin grins proudly, bumping shoulders with her.

"Really? That's great! When do you start?" Mrs. Jeon asks, reaching over to give her a congratulatory pat on her hand.

"Two weeks from now," she replies, covering her warming cheeks with her hands.

"That's so exciting! What are you all doing to celebrate?" Mrs. Park asks, her gaze bouncing between the two mates as they look at each other and shrug.