Chapter 25

Mimi browsed the local H&R mart, short for Heats and Ruts, with her mates, struggling not to stop and gawk at some of the items she saw. Thankfully, they were in a more...friendly part of the store now where they kept all the nesting and bedding options.

This was first on the agenda to preparing for her impending heat. They'd told her yesterday that every house had a nesting room and she'd gotten to see theirs this morning. Aside from a few small changes, it almost resembled a normal bedroom. However, it had more vents, no windows, and a large, round bed with raised sides in the corner—a bed made for easy nesting. There was an en-suite bathroom that had a large tub and walk in shower with a bench in it, made to accommodate muscle soreness after the experience. The space was large, bare, and in need of a good dusting since her mates had never bothered visiting the room. They didn't think they'd need it. Apparently, they both preferred to handle their ruts in their own bedroom since male wolves don't have the same nesting urges as females do.

"Ooh, what do you think of this Mimi?" Jimin asks, holding a big, fluffy blanket.

"It's cute, but I'm hot just looking at that—maybe something thinner?" she suggests.

She'd taken some Ibuprofen that morning, but her fever was still going strong and there was nothing she could do besides keeping as cool as possible. She had an insulated water bottle in one hand now, taking sips from it occasionally; and despite the snow outside, she only wore running shorts and a tank top underneath one of JK's thinner hoodies, him and Jimin's scents blocking some of hers.

"We should get some cooling mats to go under the sheets. I saw a commercial for them the other day," JK says, looking up at the signs hanging over their heads for a clue as to where they'd be.

Mimi almost jumps for joy when they come across a whole section of items with stay cool technology.

"Can we just buy this whole section?" she asks, making them laugh.

"Are you that warm?" Jimin asks, feeling her forehead and then pulling his hand back quickly.

"Damn, how many Ibuprofen did you take?" he asks.

"Two," she replies.

"You need at least 4 now love. Take another two when we get home," JK advises and she nods.

She often forgets she's not just human anymore. Her body system was drastically different now, even if she didn't feel like it was.

She had just been joking about buying all the stay cool stuff, but still they left with nearly the whole section. They'd need it for sure. Three wolves sharing the same space was a recipe for a whole lot of body heat, especially with all the sheets, pillows, and blankets involved. She didn't really care for all the frilly stuff seeing as it was probably going to be ruined in some way or another. No need in spending extra money for temporary aesthetics she'd be too out of her mind to appreciate anyways.

Their next stop was the hardware store where JK's dad worked part time. He was a plumber and electrician also and just worked hours here to help out the owner, a long time friend of his. Mimi and Jimin talked with the elders while JK mulled over which mini fridge to get. Jimin would occasionally roll his eyes and huff, making MiMi let out an amused chuckle. Like her, he didn't see too much of a difference between them.

A good 30 minutes later and he had decided on a small, but full sized fridge instead. When she saw the total on the screen, a pang of guilt hit her. She hated that they were paying for all these things alone, especially now that JK technically doesn't have a permanent job. It makes her think of her own job that she was supposed to be starting that weekend.

"Oh no," she whispers and Jimin looks at her, concerned.

"I've got to call Mrs. Kim and let her know that I can't start this weekend," she says, pulling her phone out of her pocket.