Chapter 15

Mimi bounds down the stairs after getting dressed in a casual outfit—jeans, a cozy sweater, and boots—her hair up in a high, braided ponytail. She wanted to make a good impression on Namjoon's mom, probably the only female alpha she'd get along with according to what JK had told her.

"You look so pretty today. All colors look nice with your skin. Are you ready?" Jimin asks once she makes it to the kitchen.

"Thank you. You're coming too?" she asks, trying not to let the compliment affect her.

"Sorry love, it's just gonna be you two. Namjoon wants to have a meeting with me about my job," JK says, adjusting his button down shirt.

"Oh, I don't mind. I hope everything goes okay. Are you nervous?" she asks, walking over to help him with the collar of his shirt.

He breathes in her scent—light, sweet, and infused with the lavender body wash she used; and goosebumps broke out across his skin at her close proximity. Suddenly, he lost his ability to speak. Gosh, she was even more gorgeous this close, a perfectly timed ray of sunshine shining through the blinds like divine intervention and highlighting her stunning, gray eyes and the light dusting of freckles across her nose. He literally couldn't speak until she'd backed away after helping him fix his shirt.

"Um, yeah—I mean no. I'm not. I've kind of come to terms with either outcome," he says after he gets himself together.

"That's the spirit Koo. You'll be fine regardless," Jimin smiles, giving him a knowing look.

"You're super smart and talented. You could be whatever you want," MiMi adds, making him chuckle shyly.

"Thanks you two. I've got to head out if I'm going to make it on time," he says, giving MiMi a quick kiss on the cheek and Jimin a peck on his lips before he's out the door.

Mimi smiles, her hand going up to her cheek on its own accord. Jimin silently giggles from his spot at the island behind her—her reaction taking him back to the first time his mate had kissed him on the cheek as well. Suddenly she gasps, pulling herself out of her dazed state and whirling around to face him.

"Sorry, I'm ready," she says, making him chuckle.

"Then let's be on our way m'lady," he says, making her giggle.

He offers his hand and she takes it thoughtlessly, the action making him smile. He loves to see how naturally she was getting more comfortable with them.

"So...how did your date go this morning?" he asks, watching as a soft smile breaks out across her face.

"I enjoyed it. The sunrise was beautiful," she says, shoving her hand in her pocket.

"Hm, Kookie certainly enjoyed himself. I woke up to him singing in the shower," he says, making her look over at him surprised.

"Wow," she giggles, swinging their arms between them.

"I know he doesn't seem like the type but he has a beautiful voice," he says, swinging their arms higher.

"Really? Is there anything he isn't good at?" she asks, making him laugh.

"Not really. He's great at everything he puts effort into. It's admirable," he sighs.

"It is. It must be a lot of pressure though—being good at everything," she says thoughtfully.

"It is, which is why I don't really mind it if he doesn't get his job back. The expectations were stressful for him sometimes. His bosses put more responsibilities on him thinking he could handle it because he does so much better than the others. It's not fair, but he's much too nice to speak up," Jimin confesses.