Chapter 28

Jimin wiped the sweat from his face with a cool towel and sighed. After four days, Mimi's heat and JK's rut were finally ebbing off. He could tell by the lowering of their body temperatures and the near absence of the musky sweet scent that had blanketed the room. Fatigue had also set in for the two alphas, their last round of mating completed on their sides rather than mounting him like they so favored.

He was tired, but had kept his strength up by eating while they slept, and he was dying to stretch his legs after laying down for so long. Carefully maneuvering himself out of their holds, he stands and stretches, his muscles thanking him for it before heading to the bathroom. He didn't have to look in the mirror to know he had an abundance of marks all over his neck and torso, but he does anyways. Bright purple and red splotches pepper his skin like paint, but the mark that stood out to him the most was the circular one on his neck and shoulder, little teeth shaped scabs making up his fresh mate mark. He loves the way it looks with Kook's on the other side, like matching parts of a whole. He already had some loose necked tops in mind he wanted to wear to show them off.

Wanting to go ahead and start preparing for them to wake up, he hops in the shower for a thorough cleansing. After four days without one, the water felt like heaven.

Once he was clean and dry, he threw on a robe and started cleaning, gathering any trash he missed and putting it in its designated trash bag as well as gathering all the towels and clothes into the hamper. Opening the door to the nesting room for the first time in 4 days felt like the feeling one gets coming home after being gone on a vacation—a staycation in his case. He was glad to be able to roam the rest of the house. Although he'd been occupied when his mates had been awake, he was bored as hell while they were asleep. He'd have to look into getting a TV in there for next time.

He takes the clothes to the washer and  starts the machine, pouring the appropriate amount of baby detergent with an amused smile. JK's skin is sensitive and he hadn't wanted to risk causing him any discomfort by using a different one himself, so they'd switched to this one indefinitely. He and big, bad alpha Jeon Jeongguk—and now MiMi—walked around smelling like the powdery fresh scent of babies every day. The thought always made him chuckle.

Glad they didn't have any neighbors nearby, he took the trash out in his robe, enjoying the cold breeze against his face. Springtime was his favorite, but winter was a close second. He didn't mind the cold since he'd made the change—he actually preferred it now. Wolves can easily overheat in hotter weather.

There's something he loves about the way the moonlight hit the snow, making it look like a sparkling blanket over everything; and the way the frozen stream behind the house looked just as majestic. He found it remarkable how some plants still survived, their little leaves sticking up out of the snow as lively and resilient as ever. He had to stand there a second and admire it, little flecks of snow swirling around in the air like a snow globe.

It makes him think of the gift he bought MiMi for her birthday, which was just a few short days away. They'd been worried that she'd be in heat and were relieved that she wouldn't be. They want her first birthday, and every birthday with them to be special. She deserves to be celebrated.

With that thought, he makes his way back into the house, ready to check on his mates. To his relief, they were still sleeping, so to pass the time, he set up the living room for them. It was his and JK's tradition to cuddle on the couch, stuff their faces with finger foods, and find a show to binge together. This time, they'd let Mimi pick the show and he couldn't wait to see what type of show she'd be interested in.

He has to dig in both couches to find the remotes, and he sets them down on the table with an unamused roll of his eyes. Those damned things have a mind of their own. He turns to walk in the direction of the kitchen, but quickly glances back at the remotes, daring them not to move with a stern wag of his finger. He chuckles at himself as he washes his hands and pulls the food out of the fridge. Bless their mothers for cooking all that they did because now he only had to warm the food. The only thing they hadn't made was sandwiches, but he could handle that. The bread would've been soggy anyways.

Setting the oven to a low temperature, he places the aluminum pans of chicken wings, bungeoppang(fish shaped pastry with red bean paste), so se ji ppang(sausage bread), and sweet hotteok(sweet pancakes with filling) inside. The sandwiches don't take him long to make and he sets them aside after he's cut them into cute shapes using cookie cutters. Don't worry about them going to waste. Kook will eat the trimmings.

He felt more than heard it when his mates began to stir, their inner wolves still synced—and he washes his hands before making his way into the nesting room to check on them. They were still asleep, but barely so as they stretched and turned. Deciding to let them have a few more moments, he steps into the bathroom to run them a bath, adding some epsom salt and bubbles. Their muscles would surely be more sore than his.

As expected, they were both groggy and sore, but their wolves had retreated inside them, sated for now.

"How are you feeling love?" he asks MiMi once they're settled in the tub, her back to JK's chest.

"Physically, I feel like I went way too hard in the gym, but mentally I don't know...content? Like all is right in the world, well our world at least," she says, struggling a little to explain exactly what she was feeling.

He just smiles as he washes her arm with a loofah, knowing the feeling all too well.

"What about you Koo?" he asks the alpha, who has his eyes closed, his head resting on top of Mimi's.

"Tired, but good. Complete," he mumbles, tightening his arms around her.

She smells like a heady combination and of them both and their scents will cling to her skin even after this bath. Their scents mix extremely well and compliment each other, the norm for mated wolves; and it's beyond pleasing to JK and his sensitive nose. Where there had been two scents, there was now three and he couldn't wait for their new mix to penetrate every corner of their home.

After a shower and a thorough and tedious detangling of Mimi's hair, they were settling in to the living room with the food, the TV forgotten momentarily as the two alphas scarfed down their fill after eating only a fraction of what they usually would for so long. Jimin handed her a birth control pill after as he'd been doing for the past 4 days and she thanks him before swallowing it down with some water.

He was glad she wasn't shy about it anymore, what he suspects is their completed bond making her that much more comfortable. Wedged between them on the couch, she flipped through shows on the apps, ultimately deciding on Steven Universe.

"Good pick," JK compliments and she looks up at him with a pout.

"You've watched it already?" she asks.

"Some of it, never caught it from the beginning," he replies and that seems to satisfy her as she presses play.

Jimin hops up to turn the lights off and she opens her arms for him before he sits back down. He gladly settles into the cuddle, his thighs across her lap and his legs across JK's.

"Thank you for taking care of us Chim," she says, pecking his forehead.

His smile told it all, his face warming despite her attention being on the TV now, oblivious to how he felt. JK squeezes his knee and gives hind a knowing smile. When she realizes just how much power she holds, they're going to be in real big trouble.