🔥Chapter 26🔥

Mimi woke up early, her ongoing fever making sleep less than comfortable. Rather than sleeping a full 8 hours, she slept in naps now.

It was 6 am and the house was dead quiet aside from JK's snoring, so she knew her soulmates were still asleep. Feeling restless, she does her morning routine and makes her way downstairs to the kitchen to take a dose of Ibuprofen. When she's done swallowing the medication, she grabs a bottle of juice from the fridge, making her way over to the couch with it to watch some TV. However, the nesting room caught her attention. The door was open because Jimin had done a deep cleaning in there the day before.

She walks inside and flips on the light, eyeing all the new nesting materials they'd bought still in their bags on the floor. Hit with the urge to fix that, she does. She takes her time and takes each item out of its bag and packaging so she could see what she was working with all at once. Grabbing the cooling mats first, she climbs into the bed and lays them in so that they're covering the entire surface. She places the leftover ones along the raised sides.

Next, she grabs the sheet set. It was made of a soft, breathable material that felt good against her skin already. It was a struggle to get it on and she's almost out of breath when she finally gets the fitted sheet tucked underneath each side of the round mattress. The next sheet was much, much easier.

When she gets to the plethora of blankets, she stands outside the bed, trying to mentally picture where she wants each one. She uses the biggest one as the base, covering the mattress; and starts to bring the others in one by one, meticulously placing them along the sides. Now, she has to do the same for the plethora of pillows.

Meanwhile, Jimin and JK wake up and do their morning routines, both eager to check on their mate. When they get to her room, the door is wide open but her scent still lingers, so they know she's somewhere in the house.

"I don't hear the TV," Jimin says as they descent the stairs.

"Maybe she's napping," JK says.

They stop at the foot of the stairs and look around, seeing that the living room and kitchen was empty. However, before they start to worry, they see that the door to the nesting room is open. Making their way over, they stop short when they see what she's doing.

So concentrated on nesting that she doesn't even notice or acknowledge their presences, she adds pillows to it 2 at a time—adjusting them to her liking before adding 2 more.

Deciding not to disturb her, they tip toe away to the kitchen, proud smiles on their faces.

"Her instincts are kicking in," Jimin smiles and JK nods, making his way over to the fridge to pull out some ingredients for breakfast.

"They are, she's already nesting so it won't be long" he agrees.

"Is you know what finished yet?" Jimin asks, pointing up at the ceiling.

"It is, finished it last night while you two were sleeping oh so peacefully," he grins.

"You could've woken me up. I would've helped," Jimin pouts.

"I know Chim. I didn't because there wasn't much to do. I finished in less than 30 minutes. I can't wait for her to see it," he says, booping his pouty mate's nose.

"Oh Kookie, that's disgusting," Jimin groans, wiping the dampness from his mate's freshly washed hands off his nose with his sleeve.

"It's just soap and water. At least my hands aren't dirty," the alpha shrugs.

"Still feels nasty," Jimin insists, sticking his tongue out at him.

The sound of plastic ripping makes them both look in the direction of the nesting room, probably MiMi taking another pillow out of its packaging.