Chapter 5

"So it seems this case has gone beyond just a murder. As we have just discovered, Cho Dae-Jin, multiple members of your pack have committed treason by assisting in the abuse of Ms. Cho. Since it has been brought to my attention, I fully intend to punish everyone involved. I must ask, did you know or play a part in these crimes?" Judge Min asks Dae-Jin, who'd locked eyes with Mi-Cha and quickly looked away.

"I didn't know any details," he says, making Judge Min quirk a brow.

"But you knew something?" Judge Min asks, narrowing his eyes at him.

"I knew that our father was furious when Mi-Cha didn't shift and that he'd started taking her away every other weekend, but I didn't know why. I saw the way she'd act when she got back and I saw the marks," he finishes, his gaze on his lap.

"And you didn't intervene? Ask questions?" Judge Min asks, his tone hard.

"No sir," Dae-Jin answers quietly, still not meeting the fierce man's eyes.

"Well, unfortunately, being a shitty brother isn't against the law, so I can't punish you. I do have to ask if you are willing to hand over everyone that assisted with the crimes. I must warn you that if you're not, we will resort to force. Crimes of this nature will not go unpunished in my courtroom," Judge Min says sternly.

"Yes, your honor," Dae-Jin replies, still avoiding Mi-Cha's glare.

She knew that he knew something was happening. They were living in the same house for years after the abuse had started and he'd shifted at 13. There was no way his sharp senses didn't allow him to see the bruises and marks on her or smell the scent of alcohol and unfamiliar men clinging to her skin when her father would carry her to her room and plop her down on her bed to wake up disoriented hours later. Hearing him say it though, was hitting her hard. He knew, but he didn't care enough to intervene and that was heartbreaking on its own.

"Ms. Cho, I need you to tell us the names of those directly involved as well as their roles in the abuse," Judge Min says, turning her attention to him.

"Seo Sung-ho, the pack's doctor. He provided the injection as well as birth control and patched me up when I came back injured. Hak Chul, my father's former beta. To my understanding, he was the one who came up with the idea as well as helped my father find "clients" to sell me to. He was always present and sometimes negotiated the transactions. Park Hanja, his mate, would do my make-up and provide the clothes I was forced to wear. If anyone else contributed directly, I was unaware," she says stoically, her eyes back on Dae-Jin, who had his head down and his hand up to his forehead to shield his expressions from the room.

"It's to my understanding that both Hak Chul and Dr. Seo Sung-ho are present in my courtroom right now, but what about Dr. Seo's mate?" he asks and she nods.

"Yes, they're both pack elders sir," Mi-Cha replies.

"Sheriff Kim, go round up your officers. I want them arrested right now," Judge Min commands and Namjoon gives a curt nod before springing from his seat and bounding to the door, determination showing on his face as he pulled out a walkie talkie.

The room went quiet, only the sound of Judge Min's pen scraping across the paper in front of him permeating their surroundings.

A few minutes later, there was a knock on the door to which Judge Min responded and a young man in a uniform similar to Namjoon's steps in.

"The suspects have been detained. They're being escorted this way now," he reports, brushing his long, black hair back out of his face.

"Good. Officer Jeon, escort Ms. Cho and the panel back to the courtroom," Judge Min instructs and the officer nods.