Chapter 20

After finishing his last tattoo for the day, Jeongguk bid his client goodbye, cleaned his station, and packed up his supplies.

"You getting out of here Jeon?" Mark, his good friend and owner of the shop asks.

"Of course he is. He has two mates to get home to. If the newest is anything like Jimin, he'd better," Yugyeom, another one of his good friends that works there barked out followed by a loud cackle.

Yugyeom didn't have nor want a mate, so he constantly gave his mated friends shit about it—all in good fun though.

"Oh yeah, congratulations dude. How is that going? When are we meeting her?" Mark asks, making JK chuckle.

"Thanks man, it's going great. She's the sweetest, pretty inside and out. Jimin and I were thinking about having a bonfire in the park Friday so she can get acquainted with everyone," he replies, casually swinging the bag of art supplies he'd stopped and gotten for Mimi's skates on the way to work.

He knew he always had a place at Mark's shop. Before he'd become an officer, he kind of floated from place to place—good at a lot of things and not entirely sure what he wanted to stick with—but of all the jobs, tattooing had held his interest the longest. Art, making things in general, was something he was passionate about.

"Isn't that dude from her old pack getting executed Friday?" Yugyeom asks and JK nods.

"Yup, cause for celebration if you ask me," JK shrugs, making the two men chuckle.

It wasn't often that Jeongguk was ever mean spirited. Anyone that knows him knows that he has a heart of gold. However, once you wronged him or someone he loves, a darker side of him came out to play. Just like flipping a switch, he could go from bright and warm to cold and ruthless—definitely not one to be trifled with.

"Just let me know and I'll be there," Mark says and Yugyeom nods in agreement, the drawing in front of him catching his attention yet again.

"I'm gonna check with her first and I'll let you know before then," JK assures before tossing up a peace sign and heading out the door and into the snow.

His truck roared to life when he turned the key in the ignition, making him smile. His wolf had been a little restless earlier, but was now content knowing that he was on the way home to his mates. He can't help but smile out of pure happiness, his mind's eye going back to what had happened that morning. She and Jimin were certainly close to kissing and when she saw him shirtless, her wolf had practically purred for him. Mimi was opening up to them, comfortable and trusting in their presences. She was no longer tense and walking on eggshells. She smiles more, interacts more, and is genuinely happier and for that, he was ecstatic. She deserves to flourish in every way possible and he was enjoying seeing that happen for her in real time.

His ride home doesn't take long at all and before he knows it, he's hit with the scent of his mates mixed with chocolate while he's unlocking the door.

"Thank the Goddess you're home," Jimin grins at him as he enters, both him and MiMi covered in what looked to be cocoa powder and flour.

"Jimin—" he warns as he places the bag in his hand down on the counter top, already prepared to run.

"We just want to hug you baby. You've been gone all day long. We missed you," Jimin coos, slowly making his way around the island.

JK backs away slowly, walking backwards around the other side of the counter and when Jimin starts to run, he does too. Unfortunately for him, he was intercepted by MiMi, who was in cahoots with Jimin. She wrapped both her arms around him sideways, mischievous giggles spilling out as she gets cocoa powder all over the sleeve of the sweatshirt he was wearing. Jimin jumps on his back, wiping his flour covered hands on the front of it.