Chapter 1

"You'll be fine Gillion," a feminine voice ringing throughout the empty place along with the sobs of a younger child, "I know it will be hard but it's for the greater good,"

"But mama!" the small teal triton cried, "I don't want you and papa to leave.." it sniffed, holding onto its mother, while being shushed.

"I know love.."

Gillion woke up in a cold sweat, breathing heavily. The room around them was painted powder blue. A big sit in window that had little aquatic animals on them, almost carved into them, sat in the middle of 1/4 of the walls. Curtains draped beside the window, folded up a bit. There was a small rug near the closet in the corner, a desk beside it. There was a side table beside the massive but seemingly simple bed, holding pictures of past memories.

They got out of bed, doing some stretches. Their mind kept tracing over that memory, every night. The more they wondered, the more it hurt. Once they had cleared their mind from that, they questioned themselves of other matters.

How are they going to continue past trade partners if the trade route randomly went down? What gender norm are they breaking today? Which gender are they today? If the village went down hill, how would they fix it? How would they rule?

They walked over to the closet, once the gender was picked. His feet touched the rug, opening it's golden handles. Swiping throughout the clothes, before hearing a knock at the door.

"Gill? Can I come in?" The voice to the knocker, belonged to Jay. Jay didn't wait for an answer, just walking right in and sitting on the bed, "you do remember you have a meeting in an hour right?" She asked

"Well yes but I don't know what to wear Jay," Gill looked back at him, "can you help?"

"I'll see what I can do," she stood up, gesturing Gill to sit where she sat, "hmmm.. no.. no.. Hmm," he muttered, while going through the closet, "ah I think I found it," she smiled, pulling a dress out and placing it onto the bed, "there you go Gill,"

"Thank you Jay," he said, getting a hum from Jay before she walked out.

"Meet me in the green house when you're done!" He yelled, walking down the stairs. Gill nodded to himself, before putting his legs through the dress that was in front of him. His older sister, Edyn, had given it to him as a birthday present, saying that one day he'd fit it the same way she did. The dress was blue, fitting around his body, opening up a bit at the legs and closing at the ankles. There was white scales as well, going down the middle, matching the coral on his head.

He put on dangly star fish earrings through one of the lobe piercings, the other one had little green hearts. His Diath (its the one that's inside the ear) piercing was two moons, and his hex (top of the ears) had chains connecting together. He put on a coral shaded necklace, with gold wrapping around it.

He put various rings on, each having different stories to them. He smiled, proud of himself, before walking down the long palace steps. His moist feet hitting the steps, an echoing sound going throughout the empty castle.

He stepped into the green house room that had over growing plants and soft grass. A small thin river passing through it, giving the plants life. Jay was in the end of the room, crouched down.

"Uh Jay?" Gill asked, walking over, being careful to not step on any of the flowers that had over grown, or had grown onto the grass. "What are you looking at?"

"Oh hey, see that dress fits you better now," Jay remarked, now turned a bit, "I found a tiger lily," he smiled, standing up.

"Well it is a little loose still," he responded, showing off the dress slightly before walking over to her, "that's the first one this year," he smiled.