Chapter 9

They started walking in, before Finn stood back, "I'll be right with you," he said before looking at Caspian, "why are you mad about those things. That's what we do to survive. You wouldn't have made if otherwise,"

"We've changed Finn. I've changed. Goodbye Finn," with that the triton walked away before the older went into the tunnel.

"This way," Finn said, grabbing the torch and walking in front of everyone.

He awoke. He didn't feel like normal... he felt scared and closed off. There were eyes all over, watching him.. dripping. There were voices all around, some were screams, cries and some were just... quiet little whispers full of guilt and pain.

"You didn't save us," one said, their voice was manic, loud and aggressive.

"Why didn't you help us?" it was sobbing heavily, distant.

"It's your fault," one screamed so loud it could kill your ears.

"You're a failure," it said, anger in its voice.

"You're the reason we're dead, Gillion," it said accusing him directly.

"You could have saved us,"

Out them all though, there was a smaller voice..it was so quiet... it was so hard to hear yet it was the clearest.

"Help me..." it seemed to be a figure that was hunched in the corner with tears going down its face, "hello..? Is anyone there?"

"I want my mama.... where is my mama..?" It asked, turning and starring at something or rather someone behind Gillion, "I don't want you and papa to leave..." it cried.

"Where... where is my family?" It seemed confused yet now starring at Gillion. It stood up shakily, seeming as if it's limbs were going to fall off. It started running at him.

All of a sudden, a softer voice, different from the chaos appeared. It was if a song was played in his head endlessly. A song that hits so close to your heart that leaves a tug every time you listen. A song that no matter how much it hurts.. you know it all. He felt trapped but.. a door had opened.. a door he hadn't thought of.

The voices slowly got blocked out from his mind as he woke up in a cold sweat. He was heaving almost, feeling so out of breathe. Music began to play again, the same tune from this state of sleep.

The keys went down the piano before settling in the middle. A soft, deep voice came from the noise.

"Let's play.. to a song that we make," Gillion listened, now sitting up in bed, "wipe your tears..and your fears," the voice continued. It was a lovely voice, very calming in Gillions opinion.

"I'll be here," the song was familiar, though he was clueless on how the words came to him, "when the nights get too lonely," there was a small chuckle before continuing, "When the skies become gray,"

Gillion by this point got up and starting walking towards the noise, though it seemed as if he was in a maze. Sound was his best friend at this moment.

"It's okay, it's okay.  Just take everything day by day and you will see," the voice continuing. Getting louder and louder as Gillion became closer. He seemed to have an urge to follow it, to find it.

"It's not as bad as it seems. I know, times can be tough," finally he had gotten there, though his only focus was the creature in front of him playing the music. Niklaus continued to sing, rising his pitch as they went "the waves can reach high and low. It can be rough but I promise this will all soon pass away,"

His head turned slightly as he looked at Gillion who looked like a small child after seeing someone they didn't know. He gave a small smile before continuing the piece of music.

"Everything will be okay, so..." his breath could be heard along the silent room, "let's play to a song that we make.. Wipe your tears and your fears..I'll be here," Niklaus finished the song, ending the piano piece quietly.

"How do you know that song?" Gillion asked, sitting down in a comfortable chair. Finally he looked around the room. It had white walls with a black floor. His piano was a pure golden with purple accents on it.

"How do you think you know that song Gillion?" Niklaus said, turning to him, "now do you think you even learned piano? No one there played piano now did they?" He asked

"You.. you've been watching me?" Gillion asked. He felt confused. This didnt seem like Niklaus, yet it did but different versions of him. The way the story betrayed him was as some evil person but not everyone is evil. Niklaus seemed kind and.. maybe he wasn't lying about his grandfather. Maybe the ones who raised him were terrible.

"Well, in a sense yes but I concerned it.. helping. I mean, I'd teach you instruments and gave you reminders for things. Didn't I?" Nik said, his leg laying on top of the other as he wore a dark purple silk robe. "Your dreams weren't so bad correct?"

"Well that's good to know and no. It didn't go well, how about you?" Gillion asked. He was still new to some stuff but it appeared so far that talking to someone who kidnapped you isn't a bad idea.

"Oh? Tell me about it?" He said, disregarding Gills question.

And with that, Gillion went on about it, leaving out some things but not everything. And yeah sure Niklaus would be the villain in others history books but for now, Niklaus didn't seem to bad and seemed frankly kind than anything hed ever heard from a person.

There were silent noises coming from other parts of the house that seemed to be muffled by many things and disregarded as rats. The piano started up again as they whispered.

"Now. We grab Gill, fight Nik if we have to then get the fucking hell out. Okay?"