Chapter 15

"Thank you again John. You are truly a friend," Caspian spoke after a few minutes.

"For you, the world," John smiled.

Throughout the next couple days Caspian was informed about the whole thing. He seemed stressed but not as much as before. The siblings came back after a day both telling of their adventures and being told of others.

However Chip never wanted to stop. He wanted to go and find Gillion, make sure he's alright. It made it weirdly quiet to not hear him walk down the stairs or mess around in the pool or generally to just hear his voice.

Chip would randomly sneak out some nights to look for them through each time, it fails. Maybe if he had said something or had done something. He wanted to find Gill to redeem himself. Though as the years went by, he started to give up as he watched life around him to by.

Liz and Jay ended up getting married after a year or two, Chip being Jays bridesmaid and Edyn being Liz's. Through they stayed how they were, Liz would randomly go on adventures and Jay continued working at the castle.

Edyn ended up becoming some kind of Queen, yet Caspian continued to help. The news of a new monarch after their old one disappeared "without a trace" was shocking to say the least, especially because it was Edyn. Through even then no one said anything and just clapped.

Finn never left his cell, which was probably for the best. He was left to rot. Caspian swore that they'd never walk down there again.

Though Gillion would never return in this time. They weren't able to come for the wedding, nor Edyns "becoming of Queen". They would never even know this ever happened.

It had been five years or so since Gillion had disappeared and a party was finally being held. Edyn wanted to invite the neighboring kingdoms over for dinner and turn it into something a yearly.

As people started coming in, the only one Chip recognize was a women with red hair, Malice. She smiled towards him, continuing her way to the ball room.

As everyone piled in, questions being started like "where's the old king?" "Who are you?" Etc, Edyn cleared its throat,standing in front of the crowd. Everyone, upon seeing this, began to settle down.

"Due to earlier events, the king is not here today. Although I am. My names is Edyn Tidestrider and you will refer to me as such," she said, looking around "until the king returns I will be in charge. If you have any questions, you come find me during the party. Have fun every one and enjoy!" It smiled before exiting.

Edyn walked to Chip, "I need to talk to you," she said, grabbing Chip.

"Oh okay-" he said, glancing back at Jay mouthing "help me,"

"Look, Chip," she began when they were at a balcony. Chip remembered being here king before it. "I think we need to find Gill and get my little brother back home. But this has to stay between us, you understand. Only leave at night, but return by morning or even earlier. You know Jays times, do not be out during them nor come in during them,"

Chip nodded, "I understand. I will do my best, wh-"

Clink

A dagger was thrown near the queens head, which got a scream from it then the other monarchs there.

"What the FUCK was that!" Jay screamed, running to the open window near him.

In front of them was a cloaked figure who had blue eyes and black clothing. They seemed to have another dagger in their hand, throwing it towards Jay this time.

"DUCK!" Jay yelled at the knife flew, hitting a king in the arm.

Everyone was panicked, nothing was right. It was so chaotic. Jay jumped out the window, Edyn pulled out a sword, Liz looked at Edyn and gave a nod, John was rushing to help the king, Caspian was helping people calm down and Chip well... lets just say like sibling like sibling.

He rushed to Jays side, jumping out the window but his landing wasn't as graceful. They followed this cloaked figure who was rushing through the forest, jumping from tree to tree. Through it seemed as if they wanted the two to follow them.

"Jay! It might be a trap!" Chip shouted as they chased after them. The figure turned, nightingale Chips brown eyes for a second. They seemed almost recognizable if only a better look before the figure pulled another knife from their cloak. 'JAY!"

"WHAT?' She turned to face him before feeling a stab in his chest. With a thud to the ground, the figure looked back once more, eyeing the both of them as if asking for the next move.

"Jay! By the Gods- Jay!' Chip ran over, sitting beside her, before looking at this figure seeing more features.

The figure had lose gloves as if something was under them. The cloak covered their more bigger body although the face was almost covered. The eyes were the only thing you could see. Those kind, sad blue eyes.

"Why just stand there! Hm! Answer me!" He yelled as his sister was breathing heavily. His sibling was always stupid to never wear armor and here it is to bite him in the ass. "Are you proud of yourself?!"

The figure seemed to just watch before walking towards them both.

"No! Get away from her!"

Another step

"I Swear to the Gods Ill kill you myself!"

The figure continued ignoring this as they walked right to the laying, coughing Jay who looked to the sky. Her eyes filled with almost the same pain as theirs, they bent down near Jay and placed their hands on him.

Chip pushed the figure though it stayed still, as a teal aura appeared around Jay. They took the knife out of her, laying it on the ground and stood once it stopped.

Jay stopped coughing as their breathing became normal once more.

"What.. What did you do?" Chip asked, grabbing the knife that laid on the ground and pointing it at the figure. It only put its finger up to its mouth making a small sound.

"Shhhh.." it was soft and quiet as it pointed to an unconscious Jay. Then they walked away, disappearing as fast as they appeared.

Chip looked at the knife more. It seemed to have the words "for the man who plays for himself,

-Gillion,"

Have fun waiting for book two losers