Chapter 2

"Jay? Is this your brother?"

In front of the door was Gillion, leaning over with Malice beside him.

"Hm? Oh yeah. This is Chip," Jay said pushing him away from the flowers and out the door. As the door closed, they moved from it. "Who's this?"

"This is Malice, she's gonna stay for a while and leave after the festival right?" He glanced at Malice for clearance, getting a nod in return.

Beside Jay, was a short male. He had a white worn down shirt, and brown and black striped pants going up and down.

"Yeah, names Chip," he stuck out his hand, waiting for a shake that never happened, "haha well Jay-" he laughed, embarrassed.

Jay chuckled, "well, I'll leave you three alone, I have to train," she said, walking away.

"May I watch?" Malice asked, getting a gesture to follow in return. Now it was the two of them.

"What was it that you wanted exactly, Chip?" Gillion asked, "was it a job or to steal?"

"What? Why would I steal?"

"I have gotten so many reports of robberies made from you. If you want to work in this castle, you'll have to stop. If I see you stealing you will be killed. Understood?"

"Yeah yeah, I got it," Chip said, "now, what positions are open?"

As they continued to talk about who knows what, in the end Chip decided to be a servant/maid because it was the easiest. He was given the uniform from Gillion and shown a room he will be staying in.

Gillion waited till he was out, "there's a festival in a few days. If you desire to show me you can do this job, you are required to be here," there was a cold look in his eyes, staring into Chips soul even. "If not, then we'll either find a different job, or you'll be put back with Earl was his name?"

"I have a question for you actually. Why are you being so rude to me? Are you normally like this?" The question just slipped out. Others would say it was disrespectful to ask someone as high status as him but he just smiled.

"You'll learn one day Chip. Now I must tell my-" Gillion turned and jumped slightly, "holy fuck Caspian!"

"Yes, yes I'm here. Who's this?" They turned their head, looking at Chip.

"Chip, pleasure to meet you. Jays brother," Chip said, sticking his hand out to them.

"The pleasures mine. Anyways we have more important matters your highness, could we go?" They asked, looking back at Gillion. Chip was once again, left hanging.

"Right, of course. Chip I have to go, you can ask Jay for a tour," and with that the two tritons left. Chip stood there for a moment before going to find Jay.

She was in the training room, practicing target practice. He almost hit Chip. "Oh f- Jay don't do that!" Chip said moving to an area where he couldn't get hit.

"Don't be near the target area then dipshit," she laughed, before putting his bow away, "so what did Gill say?"

"He was rude to me but I got the job," Chip said, "is he always like that?"

"Yeah. I don't know if that's how all of his kind learns how to be rude, if it's his family or something but when I first came here I had like what? Six Tritons being rude to me as I protected them?-" she laughed at the memory, "if I remember correctly, it's to see if you're able to act like yourself without being crushed by judges or something. I don't know it's been a bit since he told me,"

"Ah, gotcha. Well he said that you could give me a tour," he smiled at her. He groaned, just wanting to train, "unless... you can't do your job?" He teased, talking in a baby voice.