ii

"this is not what i meant when i said i wanted to do something," you uttered to kuroo as you walked next to him, the others following you into the gym. the boy let out a laugh while turning to keiji as you frowned at him.

"it was his idea, he wants you to get a workout in," kuroo pushed the blame onto the other boy, rushing away as keiji glared at him. you turned to see kuroo talking to a group of guys, clearly acquainted with each other.

"that's some of the guys on the team," bokuto explained as he passed by you with keiji, leaving you and calle behind. you furrowed your eyebrows at the girl, watching her smile. "well come on!" bokuto yelled, gesturing his hand for you both to follow. you did so, slowly walking up to the group as they acknowledged you and calle. "this is calle and y/n," he introduced, turning to the group. it consisted of a brunette, a blonde, and a boy with black hair. "this is suna, atsumu, and sakusa." bokuto smiled, facing the three boys.

_

calle watched you slowly drag yourself off of the court towards her, reaching for the water bottle on the bench next to her. "help," you pleaded, looking up at the girl with horror. calle laughed at your fit, grabbing your water and setting it down next to you. "why isn't keiji making you do this?" you sighed, smiling as the drink hydrated your dry mouth.

"because he knows i've been working out," calle stifled her laugh as she spoke, staring down at your figure on the floor, confused. "summer body?" you slowly nodded, resting your head on your forearms, hoping for a chance to shut your eyes. "what happened with all of that pent up energy?" the girl teased, smiling as you gestured towards her.

"isn't that y/n?" one of the boys brought you on the floor to keiji's attention, interrupting the practice for the boys. "are you alright?" you peeked your eye open to see the blonde staring right at you, along with the others. you exhaled, setting your head down.

"keiji i can't do this anymore," you groaned, looking up to see the boy conceding your words with a hum.

"i guess that's enough for today," you smiled at the boy, laying your head sideways to rest. you frowned as calle hoisted you up from the floor with bokuto, falling backwards as they set you down on the bench. "we'll be done soon." you hummed with calle, watching the boys return to the court besides the brunette sitting down next to you.

"doesn't feel good to start again once you stop?" he asked, you turned to the boy, watching him as he fixated on the court before facing you.

"no, but it always happens," you assured, waving the problem away with your hand. "i know keiji will always help me if i fall back into the habit of being lazy." you smiled, suna did the same, humming as he watched the boy you spoke of.

"what happens if he stops being there for you?"

"i'll tell myself that i can't depend on him anymore." you shrugged, playing with the details ingrained in your water bottle before another joined.

"that's terrible advice for yourself." you, calle, and the brunette turned to see the boy with black hair that was introduced prior to the practice. you furrowed your eyebrows at him as he did the same to you, looking down at you as you sat down on the bench. "i'd figure out something better than letting keiji keep you in check," he added, setting his drink down before returning to the court.

_

kuroo noticed you frowning to yourself as you were on the phone together, you had just finished sharing answers for a class you were both taking. "what's up with your face?" you turned away from the wall to the phone, furrowing your eyebrows at the boy.

"what do you mean what's wrong with my face? what's wrong with yours?"

"i meant why do you look sad," kuroo sighed, you stifled a laugh at his concern, smiling at the boy. "i'm serious!"

"it's what that one guy said earlier," you paused as you tried to recall his name. "sakusa," you finished, watching kuroo blankly stare at his phone.

"what did he say?"

"he said that my advice for myself was bad and that i should find a way to keep working out instead of letting keiji keep me in check." kuroo raised an eyebrow before chuckling, sitting back in his desk chair.

"i wouldn't get upset about that," he sighed, slightly wavering his head. "it's just sakusa, he says things and nobody really pays attention to them," kuroo explained, shrugging as you groaned. "i think keiji keeping you in check is fine, you just have to get used to the workout again." you watched him grin, obviously proud of the advice he gave you.

"i just don't get why he was so rude about it."

"he was probably looking out for you and wanted to give you advice, it must have come out wrong."