vi

you scoffed at the blocked-off hallway, curious as to why it was still unavailable. you turned your body down the free hallway, rushing out of the building. you searched around the sidewalk to see sakusa sitting at a table in the grass as he usually did. you smiled at the boy, walking against the brick wall and stopping at the end, leaning on it to watch him.

"i never thought of you as the stalker type but now that i think about it, you seem like it." you frowned at the comment as he looked up from a book with a smile, sighing. "aren't you done with your classes?" you hummed with a proud smile, letting the heel of your shoes hit the pavement. "on your way home?"

you shrugged, walking in the grass to sit at the table with him. your face twisted as the grass smushed against your shoes. "i was thinking about getting food." you answered, sitting down with him. "what are you doing?" you tilted your head to read the text on the book, straightening it out as he turned it for you.

"my homework." you hummed, squinting your eyes out of suspicion. "i like to get it done and over with."

"how odd." sakusa let out a small laugh, nodding.

"maybe for you." he took his textbook back as he caught onto your disinterest, setting his pen down. "are you going to eat?" you wavered your head back and forth as you decided, turning back to the boy.

"maybe, would you like to join?" he smiled, shaking his head.

"if you let me finish this first."

_

sakusa raised his eyebrows at you as you watched him from above your drink, curious about the boy. "why are you looking at me like that?" you looked around the cafe before turning back to him.

"me?" you pointed to yourself as he stared at you, tired of your poor jokes. you smiled at his mood, sitting back up in your seat. "do you know why that hallway is blocked off?" sakusa set his drink down and sighed.

"not sure, is it a burden to take another way?" he asked, you nodded. "it's much quicker," he informed, dropping his hands into his lap.

"i realized that when i first took it." you stared at sakusa as he stared back, breaking the eye contact as your name was called. you smiled as you realized it was bokuto along with keiji. "hey!" you greeted as the two walked up to your table, distraught at you and sakusa together.

"what are you two doing?" keiji asked with a smile as he and bokuto awkwardly stood together next to the table, you turned to sakusa with a concerned face.

"well we're done with classes and i asked if he wanted to get food with me," you explained to the two, watching sakusa out of the corner of your eye. "are you two getting food? you can join if you want." you offered, watching bokuto shake his head.

"keiji saw you guys in the front window, we just wanted to stop and say hello." bokuto smiled, stuffing his hands into his pockets. "we were surprised to see you together after yesterday." you frowned at the comment, turning to the boy sitting across from you as he let out a laugh.

"oh yes, i love how i almost got dropped." you clasped your hands together, placing them on the table with a smile. "it was such a thrill as i felt my body slipping off of sakusa's shoulder and my head getting closer to the ground." sakusa shrugged as he sat back, turning to the two boys.

"i think she's mad," sakusa shared, tilting his head back to look at you. bokuto and keiji nodded together, catching onto the aura you were giving off.

"we'll leave her to you." bokuto waved goodbye before running off with keiji, laughing as you frowned at their taunting. you turned your attention back to the boy as he tapped your shoe, smiling.

"i didn't mean to almost drop you."

_

you watched sakusa as his figure was next to your side, roaming around the buildings on campus. you listened to him clear his throat to catch your attention before talking. "thank goodness it finally rained, it's been so dry out." you hummed in response, looking down at the wet pavement. "doesn't it smell weird when it rains?" you furrowed your eyebrows as you turned to him with a laugh, confused with his words.

"i think it smells nice." sakusa tilted his head to the side, smirking at you.

"is there a word for it?" you raised your eyebrows as you thought, biting your lip out of habit.

"petrichor," you answered, searching your pockets for your phone before pulling it out when you found it. you slowed your pace as you began typing the word in, waiting a few seconds until the definition loaded. "and i quote, a pleasant smell that frequently accompanies the first rain after a long period of warm, dry weather."

sakusa smiled as you looked up from your phone, obviously impressed with how fast you thought. "i never knew there was a word for that." sakusa turned to you as you smirked, shrugging.

"there's a word for everything sakusa." you listened to him sigh as you continued around the building, reaching where you first began.

"of course you know that there's a word for everything, you're a living dictionary." you let out a small laugh at the comment, hiding your hands away in your pockets.

"you're just mad i read dictionaries as a kid, while you did not."