viii

you flinched as you noticed sakusa in the background in your mirror, walking through your room to the bathroom, curiously looking around. "you scared me!" sakusa laughed as you smacked your hands on the sink counter, still holding onto your tube of mascara. "why are you here?" you asked, turning around to look at him.

sakusa leaned onto the door frame, raising his eyebrows with a confused expression. "i'm picking you up for our lunch?" you cocked your head as he did the same. "oh." he chuckled, nodding. "i forgot to tell you, we were too busy arguing about finding nemo and finding dory." you smiled as you turned back to the mirror, continuing to apply your mascara as you kept an eye on sakusa behind you, watching.

"right, well thank you for giving me a scare." you smiled at him through the mirror, closing the mascara. "are you ready?" sakusa tilted his head in a confused manner, chuckling.

"i am, are you?" sakusa smiled, you sighed as you put your belongings away before turning to him.

"i believe so."

_

you smiled as the waiter set the food down in front of you, sakusa's food after. you rubbed your hands together and inhaled, following with a content sigh. "this smells amazing," you told sakusa as he grinned at your reaction.

"i told you it's good." you nodded as you began eating, raising your eyebrows at the taste. "the taste is even better, am i right?" he asked, picking up his utensils and beginning to eat.

you finished chewing before speaking once again, wavering your head back and forth as you decided. "i can't tell if the taste or smell is better." sakusa scoffed at your comment, picking up a napkin and lightly dabbing the corners of his mouth with it.

"no way! the taste is so much better." you smiled at him, his odd expression disappearing as you did so. "what?"

you shrugged with a little giggle, humming. "it's cute how you like to debate." you watched sakusa's taken aback face as he shifted in his seat, turning away from your view. you smiled at his reaction, holding a hand over your mouth as you poked the food on your plate with a fork.

"do you really?" you raised an eyebrow as you stared at sakusa as he spoke up, eyeing you while he faced the other direction. you let out a small laugh at his question, nodding. "you think i like to debate?"

"i think you like to argue, maybe not a lot but sometimes," you answered his question, watching sakusa turning back to the table.

"i don't think i like to argue," sakusa began, thinking hard about your words. "maybe i just like the tension that comes with arguing." you bit your lip while smiling, furrowing your eyebrows at the boy. sakusa smiled back before continuing with his food, you did the same, enjoying the silence between you both.

_

you laughed as sakusa sang the lyrics that belonged to the song playing throughout his car, pleading that you sang along with him. "come on sing it y/n!" he smiled, leaning his head against the side of his seat as he looked at you. "are you afraid?" he asked, moving closer with wide eyes, gasping. "do you not know the words?"

you laughed as you pushed him back into his space, shaking your head. "maybe i don't want to sing," you told the boy, sitting back in your seat, staring at the scenery in front of you. "i'm not sure i want to sing in front of you."

sakusa hummed, leaning his head back. "you don't feel comfortable with me?" you shrugged, shutting your eyes as you listened to the tune. "oh well," sakusa sighed, clapping his hands together with a smile. "i think i'm comfortable with you."